North Devon toasts the happy couple
Region prepares to party with the royals
NORTH Devon is being painted red, white and blue as Royal Wedding parties break out in towns and villages around the region.
As Prince William and Kate Middleton – now the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge – make their way from Westminster Abbey to Buckingham Palace for a buffet reception, last-minute preparations are underway to toast the happy couple in style.
While around two square miles of central London have been closed to traffic to enable well-wishers to cheer on the newlyweds, scores of similar street closure orders have been approved around North Devon.
Yesterday (Thursday), youngsters at Ilfracombe Infant School celebrated the Royal wedding a day early with a party at the school – and some very special guests.
You may also want to watch:
To find out what’s going on and where, click on the link on the top right of this page.
Are you holding a party or in London watching the event? You can email your own pictures to the North Devon Gazette at firstname.lastname@example.org
- 1 52-year-old man dies in three car crash between Bideford and Torrington
- 2 Police investigate midnight assault on scooter rider in Barnstaple
- 3 Coveted Muddy Stiletto award for Bideford's Josie's Interiors
- 4 North Devon Healthcare Trust department awarded Academic status
- 5 Northam Murder: Grieving family condemn killer's lies and cruelty
- 6 Man dies after crash involving two lorries and a motorbike near Torrington
- 7 Northam Murder: 'Merciless' carer gets life for killing client who caught him stealing
- 8 Man dies after 'single vehicle collision' on the A386
- 9 Barnstaple Fair set to return for 2021 - 'May the show go on!'
- 10 Woman reportedly assaulted at Bideford park - Police seek witnesses