North Devon toasts the happy couple
Region prepares to party with the royals
NORTH Devon is being painted red, white and blue as Royal Wedding parties break out in towns and villages around the region.
As Prince William and Kate Middleton – now the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge – make their way from Westminster Abbey to Buckingham Palace for a buffet reception, last-minute preparations are underway to toast the happy couple in style.
While around two square miles of central London have been closed to traffic to enable well-wishers to cheer on the newlyweds, scores of similar street closure orders have been approved around North Devon.
Yesterday (Thursday), youngsters at Ilfracombe Infant School celebrated the Royal wedding a day early with a party at the school – and some very special guests.
To find out what’s going on and where, click on the link on the top right of this page.
Are you holding a party or in London watching the event? You can email your own pictures to the North Devon Gazette at email@example.com
- 1 OPINION: A new plan for Barnstaple's Oliver Buildings - Tim Jones
- 2 PICTURES: Bideford Christmas lights switched on in style
- 3 Property of the Week: Daddon Close, Bideford
- 4 Litter around North Devon schools and colleges is a 'disgrace'
- 5 Kenwith Castle care home welcomes new manager
- 6 OPINION: How much do you know about the ground beneath your feet?
- 7 Downing Street party video: Boris Johnson apologises but denies allegations
- 8 North Devon’s Panto sells 10,000 Cinderella tickets
- 9 OPINION: Give back this festive season at the Wave Project Christmas markets
- 10 Christmas lights, free parking and late night shopping in Barnstaple