North Devon theme park named in UK’s top 10
- Credit: Archant
Family-owned attraction beats Legoland and other ‘big boys’ in annual TripAdvisor awards
A North Devon attraction has beaten the likes of Legoland and Thorpe Park, to be ranked among the UK’s top 10 amusement parks.
The Milky Way Adventure Park near Clovelly was awarded seventh place in this year’s 2016 TripAdvisor Travellers’ Choice awards – for the second year in a row.
The awards, based on reviews and ratings from customers over a 12-month period saw Legoland placed ninth, Alton Towers third and Brighton Pier fifth.
Paultons Park, Home of Peppa Pig World, was named the UK’s best amusement park.
You may also want to watch:
Owner Trevor Stanbury, who transformed his dairy farm into one of the country’s first working farm parks in 1984, said: “We’re delighted, and a little stunned, to be considered up there with the best in the UK.
“We really focus on providing a good family day out and are extremely proud of our friendly, helpful staff; we’re so pleased that our visitors on Trip Advisor think we’ve all done a good job.
- 1 Aldi plans for three new stores in North Devon
- 2 Developer sponsors Shammy FC youth teams
- 3 Barnstaple Enterprise Hub 'Node' launches to support local businesses
- 4 Cook book to help in Afghanistan produced in South Molton
- 5 MISSING: Police search for Peter Hughes from Combe Martin area
- 6 Holsworthy solicitor praised by guide to UK’s top lawyers
- 7 'Kinky Boots' coming to Barnstaple's Queen's Theatre
- 8 Firework display set to return to Barnstaple Rugby Club for 2021
- 9 'Neglected' North Devon taxi firm challenged by councillors
- 10 £2.1m upgrade will provide space for 38 new North Devon jobs
“We don’t aspire to be like the big theme parks; we offer good old fashioned fun with a wide range of indoor and outdoor amusements designed to encourage adults to have fun with their children,” he added.
To see the top 10 in full, click here.
Click here to return to our homepage for more North Devon news.