North Devon surfer Andrew Cotton rides another monster wave
- Credit: Archant
The wave could be a potential world record breaker, and is being entered into the Billabong XXL Ride of the Year.
NORTH Devon’s big wave surfer Andrew Cotton may have topped his potentially world record breaking ride from last year.
In October the plumber from Braunton caught a wave estimated to be around 80ft.
But on Sunday Cotton was in the same spot at Nazaré in Portugal where he caught a potentially bigger wave.
The ride has been entered into the Billabong XXL Ride of the Year Entry and in March it will be announced whether Cotton has scored the world record.
You may also want to watch:
Watch the video above to see him taking on the monster wave.
- 1 Brother told sister 'you're dead' after birthday party bust-up
- 2 Chaos guaranteed at the first Bideford Soapbox Derby
- 3 Man with 'fearsome' ornamental knife arrested in Barnstaple
- 4 Torrington gears up for North Devon’s BIGGEST EVER Table Top Sale
- 5 Contactless donation station for Chemohero at Affinity Devon
- 6 Ilfracombe dressage star Caitlin Burgess pursues Olympic dream
- 7 PICTURES: New Bideford book merges old pictures with new
- 8 Assault and attempted robbery near Tarka Trail
- 9 Man arrested after 'serious assault' outside Barnstaple nightclub
- 10 Drink driver banned after Ilfracombe Lidl crash