North Devon surfer Andrew Cotton rides another monster wave
- Credit: Archant
The wave could be a potential world record breaker, and is being entered into the Billabong XXL Ride of the Year.
NORTH Devon’s big wave surfer Andrew Cotton may have topped his potentially world record breaking ride from last year.
In October the plumber from Braunton caught a wave estimated to be around 80ft.
But on Sunday Cotton was in the same spot at Nazaré in Portugal where he caught a potentially bigger wave.
The ride has been entered into the Billabong XXL Ride of the Year Entry and in March it will be announced whether Cotton has scored the world record.
You may also want to watch:
Watch the video above to see him taking on the monster wave.
- 1 North Devon's largest private employer needs workers to expand
- 2 'Controversial' plan to close mental health centres in North Devon
- 3 820 homes approved for Landkey despite council concern
- 4 Holidaymaker jailed for attacking partner in Ilfracombe
- 5 New Archdeacon of Barnstaple begins her role at special service in Bideford
- 6 North Devon optometrist highlights 'ticking timebomb' vision crisis
- 7 'Monster' jailed after abuse victim tells judge of his torment
- 8 Sale of Bideford's Brunswick Wharf completed
- 9 Tributes paid to North Devon librarian Ian Tansley
- 10 Man seriously injured at Appledore Quay - Witness Appeal