North Devon students shine at Exeter College awards
- Credit: Archant
Duo garner special prize at awards event
Two North Devon students were among 28 award winners at the Exeter College Student Awards 2012 – 2013.
Sam Dunbavin, 18, from Bratton Fleming, Barnstaple, was honoured as the winner of the prestigious International Baccalaureate Student of the Year Award, while Reuben McCurdy Glanville, 19, who attended Great Torrington School, scooped the Humanities Student of the Year Award at the Thistle Hotel last week.
Described as exemplifying all that is good about the course, Sam strove for success and finished his demanding and globally renowned course as one of the two students with an exceptional 44 out of a possible 45 points.
Sam, who attended Pilton Community College, flew back from Tenerife for the ceremony as part of a busy year of travelling before going to Cambridge University to read German with Spanish in October.
You may also want to watch:
Also on a gap year, Reuben was described as ‘the most talented historian I have ever taught’ by his history tutor.
- 1 Farmer fined for ploughing up protected Iron Age remains
- 2 Tractor guidance systems taken from farm near Bideford
- 3 North Devon woman reveals huge collection of HM Queen portraits and memorabilia
- 4 Rare vehicles from Dave Vanstone Collection go to auction
- 5 Bideford town centre regeneration plan backed by council
- 6 South Molton youngsters enjoy Land Rover Premiership Rugby Cup
- 7 Bideford woman wins £70,000 and turns miles into trees
- 8 Brother told sister 'you're dead' after birthday party bust-up
- 9 North Devon men to swim the English Channel and back again
- 10 Thieves steal £3,500 of fragrances from Barnstaple department store