North Devon students shine at Exeter College awards
- Credit: Archant
Duo garner special prize at awards event
Two North Devon students were among 28 award winners at the Exeter College Student Awards 2012 – 2013.
Sam Dunbavin, 18, from Bratton Fleming, Barnstaple, was honoured as the winner of the prestigious International Baccalaureate Student of the Year Award, while Reuben McCurdy Glanville, 19, who attended Great Torrington School, scooped the Humanities Student of the Year Award at the Thistle Hotel last week.
Described as exemplifying all that is good about the course, Sam strove for success and finished his demanding and globally renowned course as one of the two students with an exceptional 44 out of a possible 45 points.
Sam, who attended Pilton Community College, flew back from Tenerife for the ceremony as part of a busy year of travelling before going to Cambridge University to read German with Spanish in October.
You may also want to watch:
Also on a gap year, Reuben was described as ‘the most talented historian I have ever taught’ by his history tutor.
- 1 North Devon's largest private employer needs workers to expand
- 2 'Controversial' plan to close mental health centres in North Devon
- 3 820 homes approved for Landkey despite council concern
- 4 Holidaymaker jailed for attacking partner in Ilfracombe
- 5 New Archdeacon of Barnstaple begins her role at special service in Bideford
- 6 North Devon optometrist highlights 'ticking timebomb' vision crisis
- 7 'Monster' jailed after abuse victim tells judge of his torment
- 8 Great Big Green Week backed by North Devon Council
- 9 Sale of Bideford's Brunswick Wharf completed
- 10 Man left with 'life changing' injuries after assault in Barnstaple