North Devon sports hairy upper lip for Movember
Men across the region have been sporting various facial designs for the month of November.
AN epidemic of moustaches swept North Devon last month as men across the region sported a hairy upper lip for Movember.
Staff at Perrigo in Braunton sported various designs of moustaches during November to raise money and awareness for men’s health, specifically prostate cancer and testicular cancer.
Kal Ullah, change control coordinator at the factory, rallied the men together to take part in the worldwide event.
He said: “We’ve had about 20 people altogether taking part across the different shifts and so far I think we’ve raised between �500 - �600.”
You may also want to watch:
At Absolute Training and Nutrition in Barnstaple, the ‘Mo Bros’ grew a ‘tache for cash in a variety of shapes and designs.
Owner Wayne Large said: “Because of our holistic approach to health, it’s really important that men take care of themselves.
- 1 Aldi plans for three new stores in North Devon
- 2 MISSING: Police search for Peter Hughes from Combe Martin area
- 3 'Kinky Boots' coming to Barnstaple's Queen's Theatre
- 4 North Devon charity organises Routes of Remembrance
- 5 Developer sponsors Shammy FC youth teams
- 6 North Devon Healthcare trust scores high in patient survey
- 7 'Neglected' North Devon taxi firm challenged by councillors
- 8 Firework display set to return to Barnstaple Rugby Club for 2021
- 9 Devon health boss 'concerned' at low Covid booster uptake
- 10 £2.1m upgrade will provide space for 38 new North Devon jobs
“We believe men need to be more aware of their bodies and health, and that’s why we supported Movember this year.”
The ‘Mobirds’ at Ilfracombe Town Football Club also sported facial hair for the month.
At Shebbear College staff and pupils embraced Movember on the last day of the month with moustaches in all shapes and sizes.
Eleven members of staff and councillors from Torridge District Council raised almost �600 for the cause.
Councillor Geoff Lee has ‘Movembered’ for the last two years, and said: “We’ve all done really well lasting a month coping with the itchy Mo, and raised money for this very worthy cause.”
To see photos of everyone who has been taking part in Movember check out our gallery.