North Devon sports hairy upper lip for Movember
Men across the region have been sporting various facial designs for the month of November.
AN epidemic of moustaches swept North Devon last month as men across the region sported a hairy upper lip for Movember.
Staff at Perrigo in Braunton sported various designs of moustaches during November to raise money and awareness for men’s health, specifically prostate cancer and testicular cancer.
Kal Ullah, change control coordinator at the factory, rallied the men together to take part in the worldwide event.
He said: “We’ve had about 20 people altogether taking part across the different shifts and so far I think we’ve raised between �500 - �600.”
You may also want to watch:
At Absolute Training and Nutrition in Barnstaple, the ‘Mo Bros’ grew a ‘tache for cash in a variety of shapes and designs.
Owner Wayne Large said: “Because of our holistic approach to health, it’s really important that men take care of themselves.
- 1 Contractor appointed to repair Rock Park Bridge
- 2 Braunton assault leaves teen with 'serious head injuries' - witness appeal
- 3 Scream mask knifeman caused terror at Barnstaple play park
- 4 Nightwalk returns for 2021 with brand-new venue
- 5 Yelland Quay development refused - Campaigners celebrate
- 6 HubHop - New shopping app for independent shops in North Devon
- 7 Man, 22, arrested after cyclist dies in Bideford crash
- 8 Rotarians have great time helping Lampard School pupils
- 9 North Devon benefit fiddler must cash in pension to repay the money
- 10 Financial support for survivors of domestic violence in North Devon
“We believe men need to be more aware of their bodies and health, and that’s why we supported Movember this year.”
The ‘Mobirds’ at Ilfracombe Town Football Club also sported facial hair for the month.
At Shebbear College staff and pupils embraced Movember on the last day of the month with moustaches in all shapes and sizes.
Eleven members of staff and councillors from Torridge District Council raised almost �600 for the cause.
Councillor Geoff Lee has ‘Movembered’ for the last two years, and said: “We’ve all done really well lasting a month coping with the itchy Mo, and raised money for this very worthy cause.”
To see photos of everyone who has been taking part in Movember check out our gallery.