North Devon special children swim with dolphins
EIGHT special North Devon children have returned from the holiday of a lifetime in Florida, where they swam with dolphins and visited all the major theme parks. The children, all of whom have had to cope with serious illness or disability, were guests of
EIGHT special North Devon children have returned from the holiday of a lifetime in Florida, where they swam with dolphins and visited all the major theme parks.
The children, all of whom have had to cope with serious illness or disability, were guests of the Children's Holiday Foundation North Devon, a charity run by Northam GP Robin Buckland.
It was the 15th holiday to Florida organised by the charity since it was founded in 1993 and a total of 124 children have benefited from the break.
This year, the children had a brilliant time visiting the theme parks, swimming, eating and shopping.
You may also want to watch:
A bonus was the weather, which was even hotter than normal. On most days the temperature reached the low 90s, which was unusual for the time of year.
Highlight of the holiday was the day spent at Discovery Cove, Orlando, where the children swam and interacted with the dolphins - a very special experience.
- 1 Some North Devon GP surgeries to provide Covid vaccine clinics
- 2 Covid vaccine: Roll out continues but is North Devon being left out?
- 3 Weather warning of snow and ice for Devon this weekend
- 4 Exmoor Ramble legacy for legendary fundraiser as he battles terminal cancer
- 5 Farmer gets suspended sentence for tractor crash
- 6 Devon's Tiki surf brand is up for sale
- 7 Plans to merge North Devon and Exeter health trusts move forward
- 8 Tributes to Ilfracombe's 30-year school governor
- 9 Barnstaple man attacked his wife and neighbour after Christmas drink
- 10 Barnstaple man cleared of drug dealing charges
Dr Buckland said: "This was another very special holiday and we could see a positive change in all the children.
"I hope that they will all have benefited from the experience.
"I would like to thank all the voluntary helpers who were, as always, brilliant with the children and also all the kind people of North Devon who have supported us in such a generous way.