North Devon Show gears up for busy year
- Credit: Archant
The North Devon Show promises a busy year with a bumper offering of livestock, shows, food and drink.
The North Devon Show is promising one of the busiest programmes for years when it returns next week (August 5).
The showground off the A377 between Umberleigh and Chapelton will be overflowing with a huge variety of displays, activities and events that should ensure something for everyone.
Livestock entries are well up this year with 550 sheep, more than 200 cattle plus 300 horses, as well as alpacas and a large poultry display.
Trade stands are sold out, with more than 500 expected – as are the arcade, food hall and craft areas, offering plenty to browse, try and buy.
You may also want to watch:
Highlights include the renowned Rockwood Dog Display Team, providing great family entertainment.
Chainsaw sculptor Andy Barton will be displaying his skills in the arena and auctioning off two of his finished sculptures for charity.
- 1 Devon's Tiki surf brand is up for sale
- 2 I'm Still Standing: Ambulance worker's battle against the darkness
- 3 'Bonkers' idea led to the creation of Children's Hospice South West
- 4 Northam murder suspect remanded in custody
- 5 Barnstaple man cleared of drug dealing charges
- 6 Barnstaple's The ilab launches iPad appeal to help lockdown home schoolers
- 7 Tributes to Ilfracombe's 30-year school governor
- 8 Three more Covid deaths at North Devon District Hospital but cases are falling
- 9 Man charged with murder of Northam pensioner
- 10 Council and police step up Covid enforcement in North Devon
BBC Countryfile’s Adam Henson will be a special guest at the show and is judging a rare breeds class.
Top local chefs Mark Dodson, Dan Tugwell, Dez Turland and Paul Berry will be laying on mouth-watering cookery masterclasses throughout the day.
Other popular show highlights will be a packed country pursuits area plus the annual dog show, which features a fun open show that can be entered on the day.
For tickets go to www.northdevonshow.com or call 01769 573852.