North Devon Show cancelled
The popular event has been called off due to recent bad weather.
This year’s North Devon Show has been cancelled, organisers have announced today (Tues).
The annual agricultural spectacle was due to take place at Umberleigh on August 1.
Pat Sennett, the show’s secretary, said: “The executive committee met at the showground yesterday evening and walked the show site and it was decided that sadly, we have to cancel this year’s show.
“The condition of the site in places was bad and a result of the relentless rain this summer, which is sad as overall this is a good draining site.
You may also want to watch:
“May I thank everyone for their commitment and hard work towards this year’s show which would have been the best so far.”
- 1 North Devon sign West Indian pace bowler
- 2 'ThINK it through before you tattoo' urges council
- 3 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
- 4 People in North Devon urged to take up the vaccine to help protect others
- 5 Alison Hernandez vows to get tough on crime as she retains PCC role
- 6 Ilfracombe man, 64, must pay compensation for baseball bat attack
- 7 Conservatives maintain control of Devon County Council despite losses
- 8 Small-time drug dealer 'caught red-handed'
- 9 Ton-up Brend helps Bideford set early pace
- 10 MP welcomes free virtual funding workshop for North Devon charities