North Devon Show launches the first ever Virtual Livestock Show
- Credit: Archant
North Devon Show is hosting what is thought to be the region’s first ever Virtual Livestock Show.
Following the cancellation of this year’s August show due to Covid restrictions, organisers have already held a virtual Dandiest Dog competition and have now turned their attention to the life and soul of the show.
The Virtual Livestock Show will have various classes for cattle, sheep and horses – just like the real thing – and is free to enter.
It will run from June 15 until July 17 and the supreme champions will be announced on what would have been show day, August 5.
Show secretary Theresa Soanes said: “We have an incredibly supportive farming and equestrian community across North Devon, as well as loyal entrants and exhibitors from further afield.
You may also want to watch:
“Our committee suggested we try and organise something virtual this year and this gives us all something to focus on.”
- 1 Police seek driver after horse riders injured in Westward Ho! incident
- 2 Property of the Week: Ford Rise, Bideford
- 3 New Pebbleridge Kitchen arrives on Northam Burrows
- 4 2021 North Devon Show cancelled
- 5 Man wielding knife arrested in Barnstaple park
- 6 High Streets reopen across Torridge
- 7 North Devon fossil hunter's collection goes to auction
- 8 Barnstaple flood prevention scheme at least two years away
- 9 Four cousins take on Four Church Challenge
- 10 Westward Ho! housing plan for 138 new homes approved