North Devon schools close as teachers strike
- Credit: Getty Images/Hemera
A list of the schools closed for the day today (Thursday) as teaching unions take action.
A NUMBER of schools across North Devon are closed today (Thurs) as teachers go on strike across the country.
The one day strike organised by members of the NUT and NASUWT unions has closed several schools in the region.
Teachers across the South West are taking part to protest over pay and pensions.
The schools closed for the day as part of the strike are:
You may also want to watch:
• Great Torrington Bluecoat Church of England infant school
• Ilfracombe Church of England Junior School
- 1 Farmer fined for ploughing up protected Iron Age remains
- 2 Tractor guidance systems taken from farm near Bideford
- 3 North Devon woman reveals huge collection of HM Queen portraits and memorabilia
- 4 Rare vehicles from Dave Vanstone Collection go to auction
- 5 Bideford town centre regeneration plan backed by council
- 6 South Molton youngsters enjoy Land Rover Premiership Rugby Cup
- 7 Brother told sister 'you're dead' after birthday party bust-up
- 8 Bideford Pannier Market offers traders new deal
- 9 Assault and attempted robbery near Tarka Trail
- 10 Man arrested after 'serious assault' outside Barnstaple nightclub
• Winkleigh Primary School
• Marland School, Petersmarland
• Horwood and Newton Tracey Community Primary School
• The Park Community School, Barnstaple
• Bideford College
• Lampard Community School, Barnstaple (Partially closed)
All schools are expected to open as usual tomorrow.