North Devon’s top Army Cadet
STAFF Serjeant Theo Webster,18, from the South Molton detachment of Devon Army Cadet Force has been promoted to Company Serjeant Major, becoming the senior Army Cadet for North Devon.
Theo received his promotion at South Molton Community College from company second-in- command, Captain Trevor Cook.
He joined the ACF at 12 and during his six years of voluntary service has had many achievements, including becoming a Master Cadet and twice completing the Ten Tors challenge.
As a member of the ACF Corps of Drums, based in North Devon, Theo completed a B-Tec vocational qualification in music and he is also a marksman with both the cadet rifle and light support weapon.
Outside of cadets he is an apprentice electrician.
You may also want to watch:
Theo described his promotion as “a massive honour.”
Detachment Commander Lt Dave Squire said: “Serjeant Major Webster is a well-rounded individual who has worked hard during his six years with us. He is a mature individual, who has successfully managed his professional and cadet career, allowing himself to give 100 per cent to both.”
- 1 Volunteers come together to spruce up Barnstaple Train Station
- 2 New home grown manager for South Molton Swimming Pool
- 3 New council led leisure company Active Torridge appoints director
- 4 Homeless man jailed after attacking Barnstaple soldier in McDonald's
- 5 Murder investigation launched in Bideford after woman found dead
- 6 Appeal launched to raise £100,000 for new play equipment in Bideford
- 7 More than 530 nights in a tent - Max Woosey wins Young Hero Award
- 8 7 top tips to help you find the perfect wedding venue
- 9 North Devon's Amy Riley takes her motorsports dream to next level
- 10 Equestrian star celebrates with sporting royalty
South Molton ACF detachment parades on Wednesday evenings from 7pm to 9pm at the community college.