North Devon’s top Army Cadet
STAFF Serjeant Theo Webster,18, from the South Molton detachment of Devon Army Cadet Force has been promoted to Company Serjeant Major, becoming the senior Army Cadet for North Devon.
Theo received his promotion at South Molton Community College from company second-in- command, Captain Trevor Cook.
He joined the ACF at 12 and during his six years of voluntary service has had many achievements, including becoming a Master Cadet and twice completing the Ten Tors challenge.
As a member of the ACF Corps of Drums, based in North Devon, Theo completed a B-Tec vocational qualification in music and he is also a marksman with both the cadet rifle and light support weapon.
Outside of cadets he is an apprentice electrician.
You may also want to watch:
Theo described his promotion as “a massive honour.”
Detachment Commander Lt Dave Squire said: “Serjeant Major Webster is a well-rounded individual who has worked hard during his six years with us. He is a mature individual, who has successfully managed his professional and cadet career, allowing himself to give 100 per cent to both.”
- 1 Northam Murder: 'Merciless' carer gets life for killing client who caught him stealing
- 2 Barnstaple Fair set to return for 2021 - 'May the show go on!'
- 3 Council bids for Levelling Up funding for Ilfracombe
- 4 Man dies after crash involving two lorries and a motorbike near Torrington
- 5 Man dies after 'single vehicle collision' on the A386
- 6 Northam Murder: Carer guilty of brutal murder of frail widow
- 7 MP opens new Northam Burrows Visitor Centre at Westward Ho!
- 8 Woman reportedly assaulted at Bideford park - Police seek witnesses
- 9 Huntsmen fined for digging badger sett near Chulmleigh
- 10 Exhibition celebrates North Devon in 100 objects
South Molton ACF detachment parades on Wednesday evenings from 7pm to 9pm at the community college.