North Devon’s top Army Cadet
STAFF Serjeant Theo Webster,18, from the South Molton detachment of Devon Army Cadet Force has been promoted to Company Serjeant Major, becoming the senior Army Cadet for North Devon.
Theo received his promotion at South Molton Community College from company second-in- command, Captain Trevor Cook.
He joined the ACF at 12 and during his six years of voluntary service has had many achievements, including becoming a Master Cadet and twice completing the Ten Tors challenge.
As a member of the ACF Corps of Drums, based in North Devon, Theo completed a B-Tec vocational qualification in music and he is also a marksman with both the cadet rifle and light support weapon.
Outside of cadets he is an apprentice electrician.
You may also want to watch:
Theo described his promotion as “a massive honour.”
Detachment Commander Lt Dave Squire said: “Serjeant Major Webster is a well-rounded individual who has worked hard during his six years with us. He is a mature individual, who has successfully managed his professional and cadet career, allowing himself to give 100 per cent to both.”
- 1 'ThINK it through before you tattoo' urges council
- 2 Ilfracombe man, 64, must pay compensation for baseball bat attack
- 3 Conservatives maintain control of Devon County Council despite losses
- 4 North Devon sign West Indian pace bowler
- 5 Small-time drug dealer 'caught red-handed'
- 6 Prime minister to give green light for May 17 Covid-19 lockdown easing
- 7 Alison Hernandez vows to get tough on crime as she retains PCC role
- 8 County Council Elections: Candidates for Torridge
- 9 Police appeal after Barnstaple brawl
- 10 County Council Elections: Candidates for North Devon
South Molton ACF detachment parades on Wednesday evenings from 7pm to 9pm at the community college.