North Devon’s top Army Cadet
STAFF Serjeant Theo Webster,18, from the South Molton detachment of Devon Army Cadet Force has been promoted to Company Serjeant Major, becoming the senior Army Cadet for North Devon.
Theo received his promotion at South Molton Community College from company second-in- command, Captain Trevor Cook.
He joined the ACF at 12 and during his six years of voluntary service has had many achievements, including becoming a Master Cadet and twice completing the Ten Tors challenge.
As a member of the ACF Corps of Drums, based in North Devon, Theo completed a B-Tec vocational qualification in music and he is also a marksman with both the cadet rifle and light support weapon.
Outside of cadets he is an apprentice electrician.
Theo described his promotion as “a massive honour.”
Detachment Commander Lt Dave Squire said: “Serjeant Major Webster is a well-rounded individual who has worked hard during his six years with us. He is a mature individual, who has successfully managed his professional and cadet career, allowing himself to give 100 per cent to both.”
- 1 OPINION: Hi-Tech – Is North Devon ahead or behind the curve?
- 2 Masons donate £20,000 to food banks
- 3 Steve’s family and friends bring Christmas to hospital ward
- 4 Property of the Week: Some of the finest views of North Devon's coast
- 5 Specialist fire crews rescue horse trapped in ditch
- 6 Village halls offered cash helping hand in Covid battle
- 7 Covid-19 ventilation advice for North Devon landlords
- 8 Together we can look forward to 2022
- 9 North Devon Weekend Football Results
- 10 Refresh your New Year’s wardrobe by donating unwanted clothes for a good cause
South Molton ACF detachment parades on Wednesday evenings from 7pm to 9pm at the community college.