North Devon’s health trust rated ‘among best in the country’
- Credit: Archant
New report puts local trust in the top 15 in England for patients’ views on hospital standards.
NORTHERN Devon Healthcare NHS Trust has been rated among the best in the country for its hospitals, according to a new report.
The trust was ranked 11th out of 146 trusts with a score of 7.28 in a report called the Quality Index, based on what matters most to patients.
The report by MHP Health Mandate is the first ever overall assessment of NHS hospital quality in England, and ranked trusts on 10 different indicators based on what patients said was most important to them.
These included: The number of patients who said they had a good experience of care, the risk of getting an infection from a hospital, the rate of recent written patient complaints, the chance of operations being cancelled at short notice and the number of patients who said they got better after being treated in hospital.
You may also want to watch:
It also covered aspects such as how much patients were involved in their care, how long they had to wait for an operation, whether they had to share a ward or bathroom with someone of the opposite sex and the risk of being harmed during treatment.
Finally, it also assessed the number of staff at the hospital who would recommend it to their family and friends.
- 1 'Controversial' plan to close mental health centres in North Devon
- 2 Holidaymaker jailed for attacking partner in Ilfracombe
- 3 820 homes approved for Landkey despite council concern
- 4 North Devon's largest private employer needs workers to expand
- 5 Northam man who searched for child pornography sent on treatment course
- 6 Man seriously injured at Appledore Quay - Witness Appeal
- 7 New Archdeacon of Barnstaple begins her role at special service in Bideford
- 8 Torridge launches Waste and Recycling Roadshows
- 9 Tributes paid to North Devon librarian Ian Tansley
- 10 Man left with 'life changing' injuries after assault in Barnstaple
“We are delighted that the excellent standard and quality of care that our Trust provides corresponds directly to what is most important to patients,” said chief executive Jac Kelly.
“Our staff are incredibly dedicated and the fact their hard work has been recognised nationally is testament to their ongoing commitment and expertise.”