North Devon’s vulnerable residents urged to come forward for support during lockdown
- Credit: Getty Images/iStockphoto
People in North Devon are urged to come forward if they need support during the latest coronavirus lockdown.
Both the Government and Devon County Council have written to those deemed clinically vulnerable, giving guidance on how to register for and request support.
North Devon Council and One Northern Devon are working alongside town and parish councils to co-ordinate services for those in need.
It includes helping people to register on the government website, help with grocery orders and deliveries, the collection and delivery of medication and transport to medical appointments.
There’s also financial support available to those suffering hardship and friendly phonecalls to ease social isolation.
You may also want to watch:
Leader of North Devon Council Cllr David Worden said: “It’s so important that we get support to our most vulnerable at this difficult time and we are so grateful to our partners at One Northern Devon and our local town and parishes who are helping to ensure we reach everyone.
“If people can be supported by friends and family first and foremost, this will mean our resources can be directed towards the people that most need our help.”
People can request assistance via North Devon Council by going to its website, or by calling 01271 388280.
- 1 Jealous Barnstaple boyfriend made divorcee get rid of wedding dress
- 2 North Devon business signs up to 1 billion tree project
- 3 The Plough announces Open-Air Theatre Festival
- 4 Holidaycottages.co.uk celebrates launch of new office in Braunton
- 5 Criminal damage at Fremington Football Club - Police appeal
- 6 Little Leo’s big challenge for Children’s Hospice South West
- 7 Bungling Northam burglar facing jail
- 8 Boris Johnson - Time between Covid jabs cut in response to Indian variant
- 9 North Devon sign West Indian pace bowler
- 10 'ThINK it through before you tattoo' urges council
More information on the help and support available is at www.northdevon.gov.uk/coronavirus/communities-and-voluntary-sector-support