North Devon rallies around baby charity Bazaar
Bideford family delighted by offers of support and donations flooding in for Oscar and Theo’s Bazaar this Friday.
A Bideford family say they have been overwhelmed by the generous response from people in North Devon for a fund raising event on Friday in support of baby charities.
The Gazette reported last week how Kevin and Zo? Merritt plus their families were organising Oscar and Theo’s Bazaar at Westward Ho! Baptist Church Hall.
The couple’s first son, Oscar, was stillborn and Friday would have marked his first birthday. His little brother Theo was born on January 16 with breathing difficulties and is now doing well, but the family were keen to give something back to the baby charities that supported them.
The Bazaar runs from 10.30am-2.30pm and there will be stalls, a raffle and refreshments plus a silent auction. Proceeds will go to the Special Care Baby Unit (SCBU) at North Devon District Hospital and the Cots for Tots charity.
You may also want to watch:
There has been a big public response, with offers of donated lots for the auction, plus numerous people wanting to know how they can place a bid.
Such was the interest that Oscar and Theo’s Bazaar has now gone online, with the full list of lots available via www.tinyurl.com/oscarandtheo.
- 1 Devon health boss 'concerned' at low Covid booster uptake
- 2 £2.1m upgrade will provide space for 38 new North Devon jobs
- 3 'Neglected' North Devon taxi firm challenged by councillors
- 4 Link centre consultation 'absolute nonsense' say campaigners
- 5 Bideford's First Food and Drink Festival coming soon
- 6 Drink spiking crackdown after needle attack - Devon Police
- 7 People and businesses asked to join Barnstaple clean up
- 8 Real ice rink coming to Barnstaple Christmas Village
- 9 Firework display set to return to Barnstaple Rugby Club for 2021
- 10 Good news for Combe Martin’s water quality
Examples of lots, totalling almost 30, include a performance by professional pianist and singer Guy W Stoker and a two-tier cake, both of which could be useful for anyone planning a wedding or special occasion.
Others include a two course Sunday lunch at the Commodore Hotel, Instow, plus two day tickets to Lundy Island or a photography portrait session.
“We have only been able to have the auction thanks to the amazing kindness and generosity of the people who have supported us with donations for Oscar and Theo’s Bazaar,” said Theo’s nanny Terry Thorpe.
“I have to say we have been overwhelmed by people’s generosity.”
Proceeds will go to the Special Care Baby Unit (SCBU) at North Devon District Hospital and the Cots for Tots charity.
Bids on all lots can be made via Facebook until midnight Thursday or from 8am Friday, bid by telephone or text to 07815 426185 or on 07979 915438. The deadline for all bids is 2pm.