North Devon property prices high at auction
- Credit: Getty Images
Clive Emson Auctioneers reports on local property fetching way above its guide price.
A Beaworthy cottage was keenly fought at auction to sell for far more than its guide price.
Rose Cottage in Virginstow went for £124,000, way over the anticipated £60,000-80,000 guide and much to the delight of auctioneers Clive Emson.
The three bedroom cottage with garden space was sold freehold with vacant possession and contested at auction by several bidders.
Scott Gray, auctioneer and regular on BBC1’s Homes Under The Hammer, said:
You may also want to watch:
“This property offered great potential and caught the imagination of several bidders. The garden space on the other side of the road was particularly of interest.”
The regional Clive Emson auction at Mellion in Cornwall also saw a slice of land in Bideford was snapped up for more than twice its guide price.
- 1 'Controversial' plan to close mental health centres in North Devon
- 2 North Devon's largest private employer needs workers to expand
- 3 820 homes approved for Landkey despite council concern
- 4 Holidaymaker jailed for attacking partner in Ilfracombe
- 5 New Archdeacon of Barnstaple begins her role at special service in Bideford
- 6 North Devon optometrist highlights 'ticking timebomb' vision crisis
- 7 Northam man who searched for child pornography sent on treatment course
- 8 Man seriously injured at Appledore Quay - Witness Appeal
- 9 Tributes paid to North Devon librarian Ian Tansley
- 10 Man left with 'life changing' injuries after assault in Barnstaple
The 1.23 acre site on the junction of Manteo Way and Mines Road next to Tesco had a guide price of £5,000 to 15,000 and went for £33,000.