North Devon property prices high at auction
- Credit: Getty Images
Clive Emson Auctioneers reports on local property fetching way above its guide price.
A Beaworthy cottage was keenly fought at auction to sell for far more than its guide price.
Rose Cottage in Virginstow went for £124,000, way over the anticipated £60,000-80,000 guide and much to the delight of auctioneers Clive Emson.
The three bedroom cottage with garden space was sold freehold with vacant possession and contested at auction by several bidders.
Scott Gray, auctioneer and regular on BBC1’s Homes Under The Hammer, said:
You may also want to watch:
“This property offered great potential and caught the imagination of several bidders. The garden space on the other side of the road was particularly of interest.”
The regional Clive Emson auction at Mellion in Cornwall also saw a slice of land in Bideford was snapped up for more than twice its guide price.
- 1 North Devon woman reveals huge collection of HM Queen portraits and memorabilia
- 2 Farmer fined for ploughing up protected Iron Age remains
- 3 Bideford town centre regeneration plan backed by council
- 4 Brother told sister 'you're dead' after birthday party bust-up
- 5 Rare vehicles from Dave Vanstone Collection go to auction
- 6 Bideford Pannier Market offers traders new deal
- 7 Barnstaple Pannier Market support return of Barnstaple In Bloom
- 8 Tractor guidance systems taken from farm near Bideford
- 9 Chaos guaranteed at the first Bideford Soapbox Derby
- 10 North Devon builders bums needed for charity calendar
The 1.23 acre site on the junction of Manteo Way and Mines Road next to Tesco had a guide price of £5,000 to 15,000 and went for £33,000.