North Devon photographer shortlisted in National Geographic competition
- Credit: Archant
The documentary maker and wedding photographer was shortlisted among around 30 other entries.
A NORTH Devon photographer has had one of his images shortlisted in the National Geographic Traveller Photographic Competition.
Richard Murgatroyd, from Westward Ho! entered the Action category in this year’s competition with his entry ‘collision course’.
The wedding photographer and documentary maker captured the moment on the back of a rickshaw navigating Dehli’s packed streets.
The category winner, Jonathan Carvajal, went onto win the overall competition.
You may also want to watch:
Richard said he did not know how many people had entered the competition but believed last year it was more than 10,000.
He said: “Any competition run by the National Geographic is phenomenally popular so it was great to be included in the final 30 or so images.
- 1 Contractor appointed to repair Rock Park Bridge
- 2 Braunton assault leaves teen with 'serious head injuries' - witness appeal
- 3 Scream mask knifeman caused terror at Barnstaple play park
- 4 Nightwalk returns for 2021 with brand-new venue
- 5 Yelland Quay development refused - Campaigners celebrate
- 6 HubHop - New shopping app for independent shops in North Devon
- 7 Man, 22, arrested after cyclist dies in Bideford crash
- 8 North Devon benefit fiddler must cash in pension to repay the money
- 9 Rotarians have great time helping Lampard School pupils
- 10 Man dies in crash involving bicycle and car in Bideford
“It would be great to go one better next year.”