North Devon patients’ views sought ahead of major hospital inspection
- Credit: Archant
Chief Inspector of Hospitals wants to hear your views on Northern Devon Healthcare Trust.
ENGLAND’S Chief Inspector of Hospitals, professor Sir Mike Richards, is inviting people to have their say on hospital services in North Devon ahead of a formal inspection of the hospitals taking place next month.
North Devon District Hospital in Barnstaple, as well as community hospitals across the district, will be examined by Care Quality Commission and given an overall rating later this year.
Before this, people are being encouraged to tell the team about their experiences and say where they would like to see improvements made in the future.
A ‘listening event’ is being held at the Civic Centre in Barnstaple on Tuesday, July 1 from 6.30pm.
You may also want to watch:
Sir Mike, who announced last year that he will lead significantly larger inspection teams headed up by clinical experts and trained members of the public, said: “The new inspections are designed to provide people with a clear picture of the quality of the services in their local hospitals, exposing poor or mediocre care as well as highlighting the many hospitals providing good and excellent care.
“We know there is too much variation in quality – these new in-depth inspections will allow us to get a much more detailed picture of care in hospitals than ever before.
- 1 Jealous Barnstaple boyfriend made divorcee get rid of wedding dress
- 2 Holidaycottages.co.uk celebrates launch of new office in Braunton
- 3 North Devon Tesco stores to hold extra summer Food Collection
- 4 North Devon business signs up to 1 billion tree project
- 5 Why it‘s important to shop local in North Devon post-lockdown
- 6 The Plough announces Open-Air Theatre Festival
- 7 Invitations to join this summer’s Devon Climate Assembly sent to households
- 8 Bungling Northam burglar facing jail
- 9 Yelland power station development set for approval despite 700 objections
- 10 Criminal damage at Fremington Football Club - Police appeal
Sir Mike’s inspection team is expected to look in detail at eight key service areas including A&E; medical care; surgery; intensive/critical care; maternity; paediatrics/children’s care; end of life care; and outpatients.
He added: “Of course we will be talking to doctors and nurses, managers and patients in the hospitals.
“But it is vital that we also hear the views of the people who have experienced the care provided by Northern Devon Healthcare NHS Trust over the course of the last year or so, or anyone who wants to share information with us.
“This will help us plan our inspections, and so help us focus on the things that really matter to people who depend on this service.
“This is your opportunity to tell my team what you think, and make a difference to the NHS services in the local area.”
A full report of the inspectors’ findings will be published by the Care Quality Commission later in the year.
The trust will be rated either outstanding, good, requiring improvement, or inadequate.