North Devon nurses on TV
- Credit: Archant
Ilfracombe and Torrington community nurses will be on ITV tomorrow night (Thursday) at 8.30pm.
COMMUNITY nurses from North Devon are to star in a new prime time television programme on ITV tomorrow (Thursday).
Nursing the Nation at 8.30pm celebrates the unsung work of community nurses across the country as they go about their daily rounds caring for patients in their own homes.
Three members of Northern Devon Healthcare Trust’s Ilfracombe district nursing team – Ellie Maloney, Louise Mulholland and Tina Edwards – will appear in the programme along with Sarah Miller from Torrington.
The series captures their affectionate relationships with a diverse range of patients, who show an inspiring ability to grasp life in the face of adversity.
You may also want to watch:
In total, five nurses from North Devon and one from East Devon are followed during the show, along with their counterparts from Yorkshire and Bath.
Lesley Yeo, another member of the Torrington team, is followed in episode six on Thursday, February 7 at the same time.
- 1 Brother told sister 'you're dead' after birthday party bust-up
- 2 Man with 'fearsome' ornamental knife arrested in Barnstaple
- 3 Ilfracombe dressage star Caitlin Burgess pursues Olympic dream
- 4 PICTURES: New Bideford book merges old pictures with new
- 5 Chaos guaranteed at the first Bideford Soapbox Derby
- 6 Assault and attempted robbery near Tarka Trail
- 7 Man arrested after 'serious assault' outside Barnstaple nightclub
- 8 North Devon grandad takes on 700 mile cycling challenge
- 9 Drink driver banned after Ilfracombe Lidl crash
- 10 Holsworthy conveyancer crowned Young Practitioner of the Year
“Our community nurses do a fantastic, vital but largely invisible job caring for and supporting patients in their own homes,” said
Carolyn Mills, the trust’s director of nursing.
“They work with people at what can be the most difficult times in their lives, making sure they feel safe and cared for.
“They develop relationships with patients and, as they see them in their own homes, often become a huge part of their lives and cornerstones of the local community.
“I am very proud of the wide-ranging service our community teams provide and am delighted that this programme will give an insight into the amazing work they do.”
Shiobhan Pickering, the Trust’s dementia matron for Axminster, Seaton and Sidmouth, completes the line-up when she appears in the seventh and final episode on Thursday, February 14.