North Devon nurse is the face of Parkinson’s appeal
- Credit: Archant
Barnstaple-based specialist nurses helps charity with a record-breaking campaign.
A NATIONAL fund raising appeal fronted by a North Devon nurse has raised a record-breaking £109,000 for Parkinson’s UK.
Lynn Gill, a specialist Parkinson’s nurse at North Devon District Hospital in Barnstaple, was the face of the charity’s September 2012 appeal.
Fund raising packs were sent to 55,000 supporters and featured an interview with Lynn, a diary of a typical working day and case studies highlighting her work in North Devon.
Marc de Souza of Parkinson’s UK, said the final total after 12 weeks was ‘amazing’.
You may also want to watch:
“The target was £90,000 and this is the first time a nursing appeal has raised so much money,” he said.
- 1 North Devon's largest private employer needs workers to expand
- 2 'Controversial' plan to close mental health centres in North Devon
- 3 820 homes approved for Landkey despite council concern
- 4 Holidaymaker jailed for attacking partner in Ilfracombe
- 5 New Archdeacon of Barnstaple begins her role at special service in Bideford
- 6 North Devon optometrist highlights 'ticking timebomb' vision crisis
- 7 'Monster' jailed after abuse victim tells judge of his torment
- 8 Sale of Bideford's Brunswick Wharf completed
- 9 Great Big Green Week backed by North Devon Council
- 10 Man left with 'life changing' injuries after assault in Barnstaple