North Devon nurse is the face of Parkinson’s appeal
- Credit: Archant
Barnstaple-based specialist nurses helps charity with a record-breaking campaign.
A NATIONAL fund raising appeal fronted by a North Devon nurse has raised a record-breaking £109,000 for Parkinson’s UK.
Lynn Gill, a specialist Parkinson’s nurse at North Devon District Hospital in Barnstaple, was the face of the charity’s September 2012 appeal.
Fund raising packs were sent to 55,000 supporters and featured an interview with Lynn, a diary of a typical working day and case studies highlighting her work in North Devon.
Marc de Souza of Parkinson’s UK, said the final total after 12 weeks was ‘amazing’.
You may also want to watch:
“The target was £90,000 and this is the first time a nursing appeal has raised so much money,” he said.
- 1 Brother told sister 'you're dead' after birthday party bust-up
- 2 Chaos guaranteed at the first Bideford Soapbox Derby
- 3 Man with 'fearsome' ornamental knife arrested in Barnstaple
- 4 Contactless donation station for Chemohero at Affinity Devon
- 5 Torrington gears up for North Devon’s BIGGEST EVER Table Top Sale
- 6 Ilfracombe dressage star Caitlin Burgess pursues Olympic dream
- 7 PICTURES: New Bideford book merges old pictures with new
- 8 Assault and attempted robbery near Tarka Trail
- 9 Man arrested after 'serious assault' outside Barnstaple nightclub
- 10 Drink driver banned after Ilfracombe Lidl crash