North Devon Megadraw under way
THE annual Rotary Megadraw, raising funds for charities, clubs and good causes in North Devon, is now well under way. The latest organisation to participate is the Ilfracombe and North Devon Sub Aqua Club which will be celebrating its 50th year of diving
THE annual Rotary Megadraw, raising funds for charities, clubs and good causes in North Devon, is now well under way.
The latest organisation to participate is the Ilfracombe and North Devon Sub Aqua Club which will be celebrating its 50th year of diving and training next year.
It is the first time that the club has used the unique facility to raise funds that will go towards purchasing new equipment for the coming season of training.
"As with most organisations, we are finding cost to be a problem, especially the increase in fuel prices for the boats that we use three times a week, so we are looking to any new source of funding," said Jack Stocks, from the dive club.
You may also want to watch:
"The Megadraw seemed too good to be true but as it has been run now for a number of years I can see that it dispels that myth of 'if it sounds too good to be true then it probably is.'
"Incredibly, the Rotary provides everything, tickets, printing and even the prizes and we just keep the money. It's wonderful."
- 1 Some North Devon GP surgeries to provide Covid vaccine clinics
- 2 Covid vaccine: Roll out continues but is North Devon being left out?
- 3 Exmoor Ramble legacy for legendary fundraiser as he battles terminal cancer
- 4 Weather warning of snow and ice for Devon this weekend
- 5 Plans to merge North Devon and Exeter health trusts move forward
- 6 Farmer gets suspended sentence for tractor crash
- 7 Barnstaple man’s 5k-a-day challenge for children’s hospice
- 8 Devon's Tiki surf brand is up for sale
- 9 Barnstaple man attacked his wife and neighbour after Christmas drink
- 10 Three more Covid deaths at North Devon District Hospital but cases are falling
The draw, now in its seventh year, has raised more than �100,000 for participants which number about 100 each year. Anyone still interested in raising funds for their cause can apply to Ralph Gordon at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (01271) 813553