North Devon Megadraw under way
THE annual Rotary Megadraw, raising funds for charities, clubs and good causes in North Devon, is now well under way. The latest organisation to participate is the Ilfracombe and North Devon Sub Aqua Club which will be celebrating its 50th year of diving
THE annual Rotary Megadraw, raising funds for charities, clubs and good causes in North Devon, is now well under way.
The latest organisation to participate is the Ilfracombe and North Devon Sub Aqua Club which will be celebrating its 50th year of diving and training next year.
It is the first time that the club has used the unique facility to raise funds that will go towards purchasing new equipment for the coming season of training.
"As with most organisations, we are finding cost to be a problem, especially the increase in fuel prices for the boats that we use three times a week, so we are looking to any new source of funding," said Jack Stocks, from the dive club.
You may also want to watch:
"The Megadraw seemed too good to be true but as it has been run now for a number of years I can see that it dispels that myth of 'if it sounds too good to be true then it probably is.'
"Incredibly, the Rotary provides everything, tickets, printing and even the prizes and we just keep the money. It's wonderful."
- 1 Family pay tribute to 20-year-old Danny Goodman after tragic collision on A386
- 2 52-year-old man dies in three car crash between Bideford and Torrington
- 3 Burglar jailed for Westward Ho! raid that left pensioners too frightened to sleep
- 4 Coveted Muddy Stiletto award for Bideford's Josie's Interiors
- 5 North Devon company fined for pollution that killed more than 9,000 fish
- 6 North Devon Healthcare Trust department awarded Academic status
- 7 Police investigate midnight assault on scooter rider in Barnstaple
- 8 Ilfracombe lifeboat tows stricken yacht to safety
- 9 Northam Murder: Grieving family condemn killer's lies and cruelty
- 10 Barnstaple Fair set to return for 2021 - 'May the show go on!'
The draw, now in its seventh year, has raised more than �100,000 for participants which number about 100 each year. Anyone still interested in raising funds for their cause can apply to Ralph Gordon at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (01271) 813553