North Devon Link Road ‘likely to be closed all day’ as air ambulance called to fatal collision
- Credit: Archant
The North Devon Link Road is closed this morning (Monday) due to a serious collision between a car and a lorry near Aller Cross.
UPDATE 1.30pm: Two children, and a woman believed to be their mother, have died in a collision on the North Devon Link Road today (Monday).
A road closure has been put on at West Buckland junction and the Landkey junction while officers conduct scene investigations.
The closure is likely to be on all day and motorof the casualties.
More as we have it.
You may also want to watch:
UPDATE 11.15am: It is understood children were involved in the collision on the A361 near West Buckland this morning (Monday).
Chief Inspector Adrian Leisk, head of roads policing across Devon, Cornwall and Dorset, tweeted: “For the second day in a row, at the same spot on the #A361 @RoadPolAlliance are dealing with another serious collision involving children.”
- 1 'No Fuel' - Panic buying and fuel shortages hit North Devon
- 2 £34,000 raised for plumber Jed Mason with stage four cancer in less than 48 hours
- 3 One of Bideford's oldest tea rooms sold at auction
- 4 Clubber denies headbutt assault in Barnstaple
- 5 New details on Barnstaple town centre regeneration revealed
- 6 Brunswick Wharf developer given grant money to fix quay wall
- 7 Celebrations as gate to Pilton's Manning's Pit officially opened
- 8 Barnstaple dealer says £3,100 stash in loft was poor quality
- 9 Homeless man jailed after attacking Barnstaple soldier in McDonald's
- 10 Street food traders revealed for South Molton Food and Drink Festival
The road is expected to be closed for most of the day and there is congestion on diversion routes.
Devon County Council’s Highways department said parked cars were causing ‘difficulties’ on the route through Landkey and Swimbrigde.
Teams are currently going out to cone off areas of the road and motorists are asked to avoid the area if possible.
8.48am: The A361 is currently closed this morning (Monday) due to a serious collision involving a car and a lorry.
The incident happened near Aller Cross at around 8.25am.
Emergency services are currently on the scene assisting three casualties, two of which are thought to have serious injuries.
A road closure has been put on at the Lankey junction on the A361.
The closure is likely to be on all day and motorists are being advised to avoid the area.
The carriageway is currently closed in both directions for the air ambulance to land.
It follows a collision in the same spot yesterday (Sunday) where one casualty was airlifted to hospital.
An eye witness reported two fire engines, five ambulance vehicles and several police cars at the scene.
Motorists are reporting queues on diversion routes through Landkey and Swimbridge.
The A377 is also closed in both directions due to a separate collision at Crediton, where a car has overturned.
If anyone witnessed this incident, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 101 quoting 0125 of July 31.
Check back for more as we have it.