North Devon is generous to the Royal Marines
North Devon branch of the Royal Marines Association full of praise for support from local people.
THE Royal Marines Association has said a massive “thank you” to the people of North Devon after raising an impressive �4,684 during their annual Christmas fund raising collection.
In the run up to the holidays members of the North Devon branch of the association collected donations from shoppers at Green Lanes Shopping Centre in Barnstaple, joined by serving Royal Marines from RMB Chivenor, just returned from Afghanistan plus members of the Military Wives Choir.
“The RMA would like to thank the management team of Green Lanes and their staff, plus Tim Jordan and staff of Wilkinson’s, as well as Kim Marshall and Sue McMenemy at British Home Store, but above all the North Devon public for their massive support,” said fund raising officer John Peel.
“To quote one of the serving commandos: ‘It was quite humbling to witness how generous the public have been. Due to our work commitments we never really get to interact with the public. The support is amazing.’
You may also want to watch:
“This has, yet again, been a real community effort and North Devon should be proud.”
All proceeds raised will go to Royal Marine and military charities. Visit www.rmand16641664.webs.com to find out more about the work of the local RMA.
- 1 PICTURES: New Bideford book merges old pictures with new
- 2 Man with 'fearsome' ornamental knife arrested in Barnstaple
- 3 Ilfracombe dressage star Caitlin Burgess pursues Olympic dream
- 4 Assault and attempted robbery near Tarka Trail
- 5 Man arrested after 'serious assault' outside Barnstaple nightclub
- 6 North Devon grandad takes on 700 mile cycling challenge
- 7 Drink driver banned after Ilfracombe Lidl crash
- 8 Holsworthy conveyancer crowned Young Practitioner of the Year
- 9 Surf trio take on epic surf paddle challenge in memory of best friends
- 10 HubHop - New shopping app for independent shops in North Devon