North Devon is generous to the Royal Marines
North Devon branch of the Royal Marines Association full of praise for support from local people.
THE Royal Marines Association has said a massive “thank you” to the people of North Devon after raising an impressive �4,684 during their annual Christmas fund raising collection.
In the run up to the holidays members of the North Devon branch of the association collected donations from shoppers at Green Lanes Shopping Centre in Barnstaple, joined by serving Royal Marines from RMB Chivenor, just returned from Afghanistan plus members of the Military Wives Choir.
“The RMA would like to thank the management team of Green Lanes and their staff, plus Tim Jordan and staff of Wilkinson’s, as well as Kim Marshall and Sue McMenemy at British Home Store, but above all the North Devon public for their massive support,” said fund raising officer John Peel.
“To quote one of the serving commandos: ‘It was quite humbling to witness how generous the public have been. Due to our work commitments we never really get to interact with the public. The support is amazing.’
“This has, yet again, been a real community effort and North Devon should be proud.”
All proceeds raised will go to Royal Marine and military charities. Visit www.rmand16641664.webs.com to find out more about the work of the local RMA.
- 1 Village halls offered cash helping hand in Covid battle
- 2 MP Selaine backs plans for boost to workers' pensions
- 3 Steve’s family and friends bring Christmas to hospital ward
- 4 Masons donate £20,000 to food banks
- 5 Property of the Week: Some of the finest views of North Devon's coast
- 6 Specialist fire crews rescue horse trapped in ditch
- 7 OPINION: Hi-Tech – Is North Devon ahead or behind the curve?
- 8 Together we can look forward to 2022
- 9 SWW warns: 'Don't be frozen out'
- 10 North Devon Weekend Football Results