North Devon hotels in UK top 20
TWO North Devon hotels have been named among of the top 20 in the UK. The Old Rectory Hotel, Martinhoe, was voted 11th favourite and Yeoldon House Hotel, Bideford, was placed 16th in voting by European visitors at travel guide and research website TripA
TWO North Devon hotels have been named among of the top 20 in the UK.
The Old Rectory Hotel, Martinhoe, was voted 11th favourite and Yeoldon House Hotel, Bideford, was placed 16th in voting by European visitors at travel guide and research website TripAdvisor.
In total eight of the top 20 hotels were in Devon and Cornwall, demonstrating the quality of accommodation, customer service and destination facilities in the region.
Robin Makeig-Jones, Commercial Director of North Devon+, which is responsible for promoting tourism in North Devon & Exmoor, said: "We are absolutely delighted for Yeoldon House and the Old Rectory. They both demonstrate an outstanding commitment to customer service, comfort and quality that clearly shows through. To achieve, 11th and 16th place out of all the UK hotels is a fantastic accolade, especially when you consider this is a pure customer vote. This is great news for North Devon highlighting that, in addition to our world-class scenery, watersports and outdoor activities, we have some truly top class accommodation, attractions and food and drink providers".
You may also want to watch:
Brian and Jennifer Steele of Yeoldon House said: "We are completely thrilled. For the last 10 years we've worked tremendously hard to develop our business and deliver really first class service. It has been an incredible journey. We have put our hearts and soul into Yeoldon and loved every minute of it, which now reflects our TripAdvisor award."
Huw Rees and Sam Prosser of the Old Rectory said: "We are, of course, absolutely delighted and thrilled to have received this recognition from our customers. As we know ourselves, many people tend to "check out" their holidays on TripAdvisor before booking, so this is a great and meaningful award for our business and our team.
- 1 Man wielding knife arrested in Barnstaple park
- 2 Date set for reopening of Bideford Pannier Market
- 3 Rapid coronavirus tests now available across Devon
- 4 iLab marks 10th birthday with pledge to raise £10,000 for North Devon Hospice
- 5 Braunton farmer admits ploughing up 'semi natural' land
- 6 North Devon high streets get set to welcome residents back
- 7 Mystery over Barnstaple builder's death
- 8 Prom schoolgirl killed as she crossed road near Trimstone
- 9 Westward Ho! housing plan for 138 new homes approved
- 10 Queen gifts Maundy Money to “astonishing” North Devon Churchwarden