North Devon hospitals set to reopen as bug is dealt with
NORTH Devon health authorities say they are making good progress containing a winter vomiting bug which has hit the area s hospitals in recent weeks. Normal visiting hours are expected to resume at North Devon District Hospital in Barnstaple in the next f
NORTH Devon health authorities say they are making good progress containing a winter vomiting bug which has hit the area's hospitals in recent weeks.
Normal visiting hours are expected to resume at North Devon District Hospital in Barnstaple in the next few days, while South Molton Hospital - which had been closed - is expected to reopen tomorrow (Thursday) after intensive cleaning.
Bideford Hospital's Elizabeth Ward re-opened yesterday (Tuesday) and is now working normally.
Rowena Green, Director of Operations at Northern Devon Healthcare Trust, said: "Nobody wants to be struck by this unpleasant bug, least of all someone in hospital.
You may also want to watch:
"We've been working round the clock to manage the situation and deep-clean the affected areas to ensure everything is as safe as possible for patients.
"We're grateful to patients' families and friends for helping us by avoiding all but essential visits over the Easter weekend, and we're pleased we can now lift many of the visiting restrictions.
- 1 Fugitive jailed after car chase between Bideford and Barnstaple
- 2 Hotel restriction in Westward Ho! will not be lifted
- 3 'Once-in-a-generation' Bideford development given 'full support'
- 4 Finance manager jailed for stealing almost £1m from Witheridge company
- 5 Bid to make Ilfracombe pier car park long stay rejected
- 6 Jail for toothache attacker in North Molton
- 7 Man hospitalised after alleyway assault in South Molton
- 8 Police seek driver after horse riders injured in Westward Ho! incident
- 9 North Devon fossil hunter's collection goes to auction
- 10 Man wielding knife arrested in Barnstaple park
"However, to prevent further outbreaks, we would ask members of the public not to visit any of the hospitals if they have had diarrhoea or vomiting in the last 48 hours, or been in contact with anyone who has had these symptoms.