North Devon hospitals set to reopen as bug is dealt with
NORTH Devon health authorities say they are making good progress containing a winter vomiting bug which has hit the area s hospitals in recent weeks. Normal visiting hours are expected to resume at North Devon District Hospital in Barnstaple in the next f
NORTH Devon health authorities say they are making good progress containing a winter vomiting bug which has hit the area's hospitals in recent weeks.
Normal visiting hours are expected to resume at North Devon District Hospital in Barnstaple in the next few days, while South Molton Hospital - which had been closed - is expected to reopen tomorrow (Thursday) after intensive cleaning.
Bideford Hospital's Elizabeth Ward re-opened yesterday (Tuesday) and is now working normally.
Rowena Green, Director of Operations at Northern Devon Healthcare Trust, said: "Nobody wants to be struck by this unpleasant bug, least of all someone in hospital.
You may also want to watch:
"We've been working round the clock to manage the situation and deep-clean the affected areas to ensure everything is as safe as possible for patients.
"We're grateful to patients' families and friends for helping us by avoiding all but essential visits over the Easter weekend, and we're pleased we can now lift many of the visiting restrictions.
- 1 52-year-old man dies in three car crash between Bideford and Torrington
- 2 North Devon Healthcare Trust department awarded Academic status
- 3 Police investigate midnight assault on scooter rider in Barnstaple
- 4 Northam Murder: Grieving family condemn killer's lies and cruelty
- 5 Barnstaple Fair set to return for 2021 - 'May the show go on!'
- 6 Man dies after 'single vehicle collision' on the A386
- 7 Northam Murder: 'Merciless' carer gets life for killing client who caught him stealing
- 8 Northam Murder: Carer guilty of brutal murder of frail widow
- 9 MP opens new Northam Burrows Visitor Centre at Westward Ho!
- 10 Council bids for Levelling Up funding for Ilfracombe
"However, to prevent further outbreaks, we would ask members of the public not to visit any of the hospitals if they have had diarrhoea or vomiting in the last 48 hours, or been in contact with anyone who has had these symptoms.