North Devon hospitals set to reopen as bug is dealt with
NORTH Devon health authorities say they are making good progress containing a winter vomiting bug which has hit the area s hospitals in recent weeks. Normal visiting hours are expected to resume at North Devon District Hospital in Barnstaple in the next f
NORTH Devon health authorities say they are making good progress containing a winter vomiting bug which has hit the area's hospitals in recent weeks.
Normal visiting hours are expected to resume at North Devon District Hospital in Barnstaple in the next few days, while South Molton Hospital - which had been closed - is expected to reopen tomorrow (Thursday) after intensive cleaning.
Bideford Hospital's Elizabeth Ward re-opened yesterday (Tuesday) and is now working normally.
Rowena Green, Director of Operations at Northern Devon Healthcare Trust, said: "Nobody wants to be struck by this unpleasant bug, least of all someone in hospital.
You may also want to watch:
"We've been working round the clock to manage the situation and deep-clean the affected areas to ensure everything is as safe as possible for patients.
"We're grateful to patients' families and friends for helping us by avoiding all but essential visits over the Easter weekend, and we're pleased we can now lift many of the visiting restrictions.
- 1 Devon's Tiki surf brand is up for sale
- 2 Northam murder suspect remanded in custody
- 3 Tributes to Ilfracombe's 30-year school governor
- 4 Council and police step up Covid enforcement in North Devon
- 5 Man charged with murder of Northam pensioner
- 6 I'm Still Standing: Ambulance worker's battle against the darkness
- 7 Suspect remains in custody as Northam murder enquiry continues
- 8 Three more Covid deaths at North Devon District Hospital but cases are falling
- 9 Murder enquiry launched at Northam after death of elderly woman
- 10 Terrified shoppers fled Devon city centre attack
"However, to prevent further outbreaks, we would ask members of the public not to visit any of the hospitals if they have had diarrhoea or vomiting in the last 48 hours, or been in contact with anyone who has had these symptoms.