North Devon hospitals set to reopen as bug is dealt with
NORTH Devon health authorities say they are making good progress containing a winter vomiting bug which has hit the area s hospitals in recent weeks. Normal visiting hours are expected to resume at North Devon District Hospital in Barnstaple in the next f
NORTH Devon health authorities say they are making good progress containing a winter vomiting bug which has hit the area's hospitals in recent weeks.
Normal visiting hours are expected to resume at North Devon District Hospital in Barnstaple in the next few days, while South Molton Hospital - which had been closed - is expected to reopen tomorrow (Thursday) after intensive cleaning.
Bideford Hospital's Elizabeth Ward re-opened yesterday (Tuesday) and is now working normally.
Rowena Green, Director of Operations at Northern Devon Healthcare Trust, said: "Nobody wants to be struck by this unpleasant bug, least of all someone in hospital.
You may also want to watch:
"We've been working round the clock to manage the situation and deep-clean the affected areas to ensure everything is as safe as possible for patients.
"We're grateful to patients' families and friends for helping us by avoiding all but essential visits over the Easter weekend, and we're pleased we can now lift many of the visiting restrictions.
- 1 Real ice rink coming to Barnstaple Christmas Village
- 2 Torrington woman rebuilds her life after devastating stroke
- 3 £2.1m upgrade will provide space for 38 new North Devon jobs
- 4 Vandalism at Bideford's Brunswick Wharf development condemned
- 5 Cyclist left with ‘serious head injuries’ after incident in Bideford
- 6 Fangtastic half-term Halloween fun at Yeo Valley Woodland
- 7 Bid for £34 million to improve Devon's bus services submitted
- 8 New app 'Dscvr' promoting North Devon town centres set to launch
- 9 Firework display set to return to Barnstaple Rugby Club for 2021
- 10 Charity staff praised for support helping customers get online
"However, to prevent further outbreaks, we would ask members of the public not to visit any of the hospitals if they have had diarrhoea or vomiting in the last 48 hours, or been in contact with anyone who has had these symptoms.