North Devon Hospice to reveal Holsworthy plans
- Credit: Archant
Open event on Wednesday will unveil plans for a new Hospice building in the town.
THE North Devon Hospice has revealed plans for a new building in Holsworthy which will bring care closer to home.
The charity is invited people to come to Holsworthy Memorial Hall on Wednesday to find out more about how the Hospice helps local families.
The event will also give people a chance to see designs for the new building.
Stephen Roberts, chief executive of North Devon Hospice, said that this was a ‘landmark moment’ for the charity.
You may also want to watch:
He said: “For 30 years North Devon Hospice has been providing care right across the vast rural are of North Devon.
“For the Holsworthy area this has essentially been provided through our specialist community nurse, Annie Hogg.
- 1 UPDATE: Two people airlifted to hospital after A361 Link Road crash
- 2 North Devon men to swim the English Channel and back again
- 3 Thieves steal £3,500 of fragrances from Barnstaple department store
- 4 Bideford woman wins £70,000 and turns miles into trees
- 5 Farmer fined for ploughing up protected Iron Age remains
- 6 Rare vehicles from Dave Vanstone Collection go to auction
- 7 Rescue dog finally finds forever home after more than 200 days
- 8 Barnstaple firm develops new anti-Covid alloy to replace stainless steel
- 9 Moore makes mark as North Devon beat Budleigh Salterton
- 10 Tractor guidance systems taken from farm near Bideford
“For more than 20 years she has been supporting patients and their families in their home as well as at the community hospital.
“However, the travel time to our main hospice base in Barnstaple is often a barrier for patients and their families from West Devon to benefit from the other care that is available to them.
“We are very excited by this project because we know what a massive difference it will make to so many families whose lives are impacted by cancer and other life-limiting illnesses.”
To find out more about what North Devon Hospice is doing drop in to the Holsworthy Memorial Hall anytime from 3.00pm until 6.30pm on Wednesday.
All are welcome and tea and biscuits will also be provided.