North Devon hopefuls gear up for Tourism Awards
- Credit: Archant
Local attractions, businesses and events have strong showing in 2013 awards short list.
GOLDCOAST Oceanfest, Ilfracombe TIC and The Big Sheep are among several North Devon hopefuls short listed for the annual Devon Tourism Awards.
A total of 44 nominations in 14 categories will gather at the grand hotel in Torquay on November 13 to see if they have scooped the coveted Gold Award, or silver, bronze or highly commended.
Ilfracombe TIC at the Landmark is up against South Devon giants Torquay and Dartmouth in the Tourist Information Service category, while Oceanfest, the annual surf, music and lifestyle event, is short listed against the BMAD Bike Festival and Exeter Festival of South West Food & Drink.
Seahorse Apartments and Westward Living at Duckhaven Stud, Westward Ho! is once again in the top three of the Self Catering Establishment category, while Matt Druce from Westward Living is also up for the Tourism Superstar Award for customer service.
You may also want to watch:
Broomhill Art Hotel and Sculpture Gardens at Muddiford is in the Small Visitor Attraction shortlist and Calvert Trust Exmoor in the Tourism Activity, Sport and Experience of the Year section.
Northcote Manor Country House Hotel, Umberleigh is among four shortlisted for the Taste of Devon Award as well as the Hotel of the Year Award.
- 1 PICTURES: Prince of Wales and Duchess of Cornwall visit The Burton at Bideford
- 2 Jewellery and cash stolen in Barnstaple burglary
- 3 Northam Murder: Accused carer told police he 'loved her to bits'
- 4 Rosemoor transforms into Wonderland for the summer holidays
- 5 PICTURES: Duchess of Cornwall visits Little Bridge House in Fremington
- 6 Bideford man dies after Link Road crash near South Molton
- 7 Britain’s most influential artists exhibit at The Burton at Bideford
- 8 £100K funding to Torridge towns to support recovery post Covid-19
- 9 Braunton Caen Rotary welcomes their youngest ever club president
- 10 Northam widow was found half under her bed by carer
The Big Sheep at Abbotsham and RHS Garden Rosemoor at Torrington are both in the Large Visitor Attraction group, up against Crealy, Pennywell Farm and the World of Country Life.
Now in its fourth year, the awards scheme is managed by Services for Tourism in association with Visit Devon.