North Devon Homes in regional awards finals
NORTH Devon Homes is among three South West housing associations who will be going head-to-head next Tuesday (June 8) in the regional heats of a top National Housing Federation award. Initiatives run by Hastoe Housing Association, North Devon Homes and Ro
NORTH Devon Homes is among three South West housing associations who will be going head-to-head next Tuesday (June 8) in the regional heats of a top National Housing Federation award.
Initiatives run by Hastoe Housing Association, North Devon Homes and Roof Top Housing have been shortlisted from a total of 24 entries for the Federation's South West 'What We Are Proud Of ' awards 2010.
The organisations will each give presentations at the awards dinner at Tortworth Court in Wooton-under-Edge, with the delegates then voting to determine the winner.
The overall South West winner will go through to the national finals at the National Housing Federation's annual conference in September. The national winner will receive �1,000 to re-invest in their project, while the highly commended finalist will be presented with �500.
You may also want to watch:
The North Devon Homes project 'Young people have their say' is a community based youth club in the heart of the Forches Estate in Barnstaple and is celebrating its first birthday this year.
On average the project attracts 25 young people per session, four nights a week and during school holidays and weekends, enabling youngsters living there to enjoy themselves and feel safe. Activities are aimed at addressing issues such as social cohesion, anti-social behaviour, social exclusion and the negative perceptions young people have of their peers and adults within the community. Thanks to ongoing consultation with young people the youth club has become a huge success, while other youth initiatives on the estate have failed in the past. The 75 young people registered at the club play an active role in managing the club, raising money, recruiting youth workers and mentoring younger members.
- 1 Chivenor marines among UK troops hit by Norway Covid outbreak
- 2 Busy first day for new Covid-19 vaccination centre at Westward Ho!
- 3 Pictures: North Devon's winter wonderland
- 4 Judge jails 'worst' drink driver he has ever seen
- 5 Work begins on Northam Burrows Visitor Centre refurbishment
- 6 Tributes paid to 'legendary' North Devon vet Brian Crawford
- 7 Covid-19 roundup: Devon cases fall but follow lockdown rules
- 8 Two arrested as teenager fights for life after Ilfracombe stabbing
- 9 Some North Devon GP surgeries to provide Covid vaccine clinics
- 10 Football league teams up with Northern Devon Foodbank