North Devon Homes celebrates the big 10
THE firm created to take over the management of the region s council houses is celebrating its 10th birthday this year. Barnstaple-based North Devon Homes assumed control of around 3,100 North Devon Council properties in 2000 in a transaction worth more t
THE firm created to take over the management of the region's council houses is celebrating its 10th birthday this year.
Barnstaple-based North Devon Homes assumed control of around 3,100 North Devon Council properties in 2000 in a transaction worth more than �44 million.
To acknowledge the landmark, the company will be organising and sponsoring 10 events and projects throughout 2010. These include ten prize draws for customers throughout the year, sponsorship of the North Devon Show and Barnstaple Carnival and involvement in community projects.
The company kicked off its anniversary celebrations by inviting staff and visitors to enjoy a slice of birthday cake at its Whiddon Valley offices.
You may also want to watch:
Martyn Gimber, chief executive, said: "This is an important milestone for us as a business. Over the past 10 years we have established ourselves as a very successful and respected business both locally and nationally.
"Throughout the 10 year period we have been busy investing in our homes, improving services and providing new homes to our customers. As a business we have worked closely with local businesses and communities across North Devon and thank all of our partners in helping us achieve our first ten years.
- 1 Family pay tribute to 20-year-old Danny Goodman after tragic collision on A386
- 2 North Devon company fined for pollution that killed more than 9,000 fish
- 3 52-year-old man dies in three car crash between Bideford and Torrington
- 4 Burglar jailed for Westward Ho! raid that left pensioners too frightened to sleep
- 5 Coveted Muddy Stiletto award for Bideford's Josie's Interiors
- 6 Police investigate midnight assault on scooter rider in Barnstaple
- 7 North Devon Healthcare Trust department awarded Academic status
- 8 Barnstaple Fair set to return for 2021 - 'May the show go on!'
- 9 Ilfracombe lifeboat tows stricken yacht to safety
- 10 Man dies after 'single vehicle collision' on the A386
"We look forward to building on our success to date and will be aiming to further improve our business for all our customers.