North Devon Homes celebrates the big 10
THE firm created to take over the management of the region s council houses is celebrating its 10th birthday this year. Barnstaple-based North Devon Homes assumed control of around 3,100 North Devon Council properties in 2000 in a transaction worth more t
THE firm created to take over the management of the region's council houses is celebrating its 10th birthday this year.
Barnstaple-based North Devon Homes assumed control of around 3,100 North Devon Council properties in 2000 in a transaction worth more than �44 million.
To acknowledge the landmark, the company will be organising and sponsoring 10 events and projects throughout 2010. These include ten prize draws for customers throughout the year, sponsorship of the North Devon Show and Barnstaple Carnival and involvement in community projects.
The company kicked off its anniversary celebrations by inviting staff and visitors to enjoy a slice of birthday cake at its Whiddon Valley offices.
You may also want to watch:
Martyn Gimber, chief executive, said: "This is an important milestone for us as a business. Over the past 10 years we have established ourselves as a very successful and respected business both locally and nationally.
"Throughout the 10 year period we have been busy investing in our homes, improving services and providing new homes to our customers. As a business we have worked closely with local businesses and communities across North Devon and thank all of our partners in helping us achieve our first ten years.
- 1 'ThINK it through before you tattoo' urges council
- 2 Ilfracombe man, 64, must pay compensation for baseball bat attack
- 3 Small-time drug dealer 'caught red-handed'
- 4 Conservatives maintain control of Devon County Council despite losses
- 5 Prime minister to give green light for May 17 Covid-19 lockdown easing
- 6 North Devon sign West Indian pace bowler
- 7 County Council Elections: Candidates for Torridge
- 8 Police appeal after Barnstaple brawl
- 9 County Council Elections: Candidates for North Devon
- 10 Yelland power station development set for approval despite 700 objections
"We look forward to building on our success to date and will be aiming to further improve our business for all our customers.