North Devon hit with more heavy rain
- Credit: Archant
Gale force winds and heavy rainfall during today (Fri) leave flood alerts in place across North Devon.
WEATHER warnings are in place for North Devon until 9pm today (Fri) as gale force winds and heavy rain batter the region.
The Met Office has issued a yellow warning for wind and a separate yellow warning for rain, with gusts of up to 70 or 80mph predicted.
Heavy spells of rain have been falling overnight and in excess of 25mm of rain is expected in some areas.
Flood alerts are also in place for the lower River Taw, upper and lower River Torridge, and the Barnstaple, Braunton, Ilfracombe and Combe Martin areas.
You may also want to watch:
A spokesman for the Environment Agency said: “A band of rain is forecast to cross Devon overnight on Thursday and into Friday morning with totals of up to 20 millimetres possible.
“River levels have fallen since Wednesday night and are mostly back within river banks however they will rise again in some areas in response to this rainfall.”
- 1 Contractor appointed to repair Rock Park Bridge
- 2 Braunton assault leaves teen with 'serious head injuries' - witness appeal
- 3 Scream mask knifeman caused terror at Barnstaple play park
- 4 Nightwalk returns for 2021 with brand-new venue
- 5 Yelland Quay development refused - Campaigners celebrate
- 6 HubHop - New shopping app for independent shops in North Devon
- 7 Man, 22, arrested after cyclist dies in Bideford crash
- 8 North Devon benefit fiddler must cash in pension to repay the money
- 9 Rotarians have great time helping Lampard School pupils
- 10 Man dies in crash involving bicycle and car in Bideford
If you spot any flooding in your area, email email@example.com.