North Devon groups urged to apply for grants
Councillors have �1,000 each to distribute to good causes
VOLUNTARY and community groups are being encouraged to find out whether they could benefit from a boost to their funds through North Devon’s councillors.
This year, district councillors have been allocated �1,000 each to use as community councillor grants for projects within their wards. This could be to help buy extra equipment, fund a specific project, or even improve an area in the community.
Grant applications need to be made by non-profit making organisations and groups that directly benefit people within the community and the environment, and can be for projects or services that include:
You may also want to watch:
• culture and heritage
• environment and sustainability
- 1 North Devon company fined for pollution that killed more than 9,000 fish
- 2 Family pay tribute to 20-year-old Danny Goodman after tragic collision on A386
- 3 52-year-old man dies in three car crash between Bideford and Torrington
- 4 Burglar jailed for Westward Ho! raid that left pensioners too frightened to sleep
- 5 Coveted Muddy Stiletto award for Bideford's Josie's Interiors
- 6 Police investigate midnight assault on scooter rider in Barnstaple
- 7 North Devon Healthcare Trust department awarded Academic status
- 8 Man dies after 'single vehicle collision' on the A386
- 9 Barnstaple Fair set to return for 2021 - 'May the show go on!'
- 10 Ilfracombe lifeboat tows stricken yacht to safety
• social welfare
Councillor Yvette Gubb, Executive Member for Community, saod: “These grants are a fantastic opportunity to provide funds to so many different and worthwhile projects within each ward of North Devon.
“However, even though we have this funding available, we need groups to come forward in the first place to apply for a grant. So, if you think your organisation may benefit from a councillor grant, please get in touch. We’d love to hear from you!”
Grants will be available from September 5. For more information and an application form, visit www.northdevon.gov.uk/councillorgrants. You can also phone Corporate and Community Services on 01271 388327 or email email@example.com.