North Devon girls in Teen Queen bid
TWO North Devon teenagers have made progress through the opening rounds of the 2011 Teen Queen and Teen Princess competitions and their photographs have been posted on the competition website. Lauren Charleton, 13, of Torrington and Alice O Hare, 17, from
TWO North Devon teenagers have made progress through the opening rounds of the 2011 Teen Queen and Teen Princess competitions and their photographs have been posted on the competition website.
Lauren Charleton, 13, of Torrington and Alice O'Hare, 17, from Braunton are among 50 girls from each age category, 13-15years and 16-19 years, who have been selected from an original entry of more than 9,500 and are now bidding for public votes on the website to reach the final stages.
People are invited to vote for their favourites by text or phone between now and September 15.
Alice, who is studying beauty therapy at Petroc, is hoping to become a makeup artist and also do modelling.
You may also want to watch:
Lauren, a pupil at Great Torrington Community School, loves to dance and perform. She would like to do catalogue and makeup modelling and has an ambition to become a qualified beautician. She is hoping to go to Ethiopia with the school in 2012 as has to fund raise some of her own money to get there.
Following the public voting, the top two from each age category will go before a panel of judges at the grand final in August 2011, when the Teen Queen and Teen Princess will be crowned. The winner of Teen Queen will go on to represent her country in an international beauty pageant, with an all expenses paid trip accompanied by one of the organisers.
- 1 Real ice rink coming to Barnstaple Christmas Village
- 2 Torrington woman rebuilds her life after devastating stroke
- 3 £2.1m upgrade will provide space for 38 new North Devon jobs
- 4 Vandalism at Bideford's Brunswick Wharf development condemned
- 5 Cyclist left with ‘serious head injuries’ after incident in Bideford
- 6 Fangtastic half-term Halloween fun at Yeo Valley Woodland
- 7 Bid for £34 million to improve Devon's bus services submitted
- 8 New app 'Dscvr' promoting North Devon town centres set to launch
- 9 Firework display set to return to Barnstaple Rugby Club for 2021
- 10 Charity staff praised for support helping customers get online