North Devon firefighters to strike again this week
- Credit: Archant
FBU members will strike on Friday morning as national dispute rages on
North Devon firefighters will again strike tomorrow (Friday) as a national dispute between the Fire Brigades Union and the Government continues.
Firemen and women from across the area will be striking between 6.30am and 8.30am on Friday as the debate over pension reforms continues, with Devon and Somerset Fire and Rescue Service quick to point out that they have ‘substantial contingency plans’ in place.
This will be the thid strike in 10 days, after similar action was taken on Christmas Eve and New Year’s Eve.
Chief Fire Officer for Devon & Somerset Fire & Rescue Service, Lee Howell, said: “Our plans have worked well during the previous periods of action, but we are asking the public to help us again by taking extra care.
You may also want to watch:
“We will continue to respond to 999 calls and do everything we can to keep the public safe.”
- 1 North Devon's largest private employer needs workers to expand
- 2 'Controversial' plan to close mental health centres in North Devon
- 3 820 homes approved for Landkey despite council concern
- 4 Holidaymaker jailed for attacking partner in Ilfracombe
- 5 New Archdeacon of Barnstaple begins her role at special service in Bideford
- 6 North Devon optometrist highlights 'ticking timebomb' vision crisis
- 7 'Monster' jailed after abuse victim tells judge of his torment
- 8 Great Big Green Week backed by North Devon Council
- 9 Sale of Bideford's Brunswick Wharf completed
- 10 Man left with 'life changing' injuries after assault in Barnstaple