North Devon firefighters to strike again this week
- Credit: Archant
FBU members will strike on Friday morning as national dispute rages on
North Devon firefighters will again strike tomorrow (Friday) as a national dispute between the Fire Brigades Union and the Government continues.
Firemen and women from across the area will be striking between 6.30am and 8.30am on Friday as the debate over pension reforms continues, with Devon and Somerset Fire and Rescue Service quick to point out that they have ‘substantial contingency plans’ in place.
This will be the thid strike in 10 days, after similar action was taken on Christmas Eve and New Year’s Eve.
Chief Fire Officer for Devon & Somerset Fire & Rescue Service, Lee Howell, said: “Our plans have worked well during the previous periods of action, but we are asking the public to help us again by taking extra care.
You may also want to watch:
“We will continue to respond to 999 calls and do everything we can to keep the public safe.”
- 1 PICTURES: New Bideford book merges old pictures with new
- 2 Man with 'fearsome' ornamental knife arrested in Barnstaple
- 3 Ilfracombe dressage star Caitlin Burgess pursues Olympic dream
- 4 Assault and attempted robbery near Tarka Trail
- 5 Man arrested after 'serious assault' outside Barnstaple nightclub
- 6 North Devon grandad takes on 700 mile cycling challenge
- 7 Drink driver banned after Ilfracombe Lidl crash
- 8 Holsworthy conveyancer crowned Young Practitioner of the Year
- 9 Surf trio take on epic surf paddle challenge in memory of best friends
- 10 HubHop - New shopping app for independent shops in North Devon