North Devon family’s Guide Dog appeal reaches £10,000 target
- Credit: Archant
Retriever puppy Jaypee has helped hit the fundraising target in memory of Barnstaple surgeon John Partridge.
The appeal for a Guide Dog puppy in memory of a well known North Devon doctor has reached its £10,000 target.
Golden retriever ‘Jaypee’ was named after retired Barnstaple surgeon John ‘JP’ Partridge, who died in March last year.
The John Partridge Guide Dogs Tribute Fund was started by his family and son Philip said:
“Thanks to the Gazette and the generosity of North Devonians, the fund has just reached its £10,000 target.
You may also want to watch:
“Puppy Jaypee, now 10 months, will soon be off to Leamington to start his advanced training after a successful first year with Helen and Trevor, his puppy walkers.”
Philip and his family met Jaypee earlier this year.
- 1 Council and police step up Covid enforcement in North Devon
- 2 Man charged with murder of Northam pensioner
- 3 Three more Covid deaths at North Devon District Hospital but cases are falling
- 4 Ram raid burglar jailed after rampaging crime spree
- 5 Terrified shoppers fled Devon city centre attack
- 6 Suspect remains in custody as Northam murder enquiry continues
- 7 There's light at the end of the tunnel - but for now embrace lockdown life
- 8 Covid-19: Follow the spirit of lockdown says police chief
- 9 Developer 'lost for words' as town council rejects £20m Bideford wharf plans
- 10 Murder enquiry launched at Northam after death of elderly woman