North Devon duo grab gold at tourism awards
- Credit: Archant
Exmoor Zoo and AHA Events take top gongs at annual South West Tourism Excellence Awards.
EXMOOR ZOO has been named the best small attraction on the peninsula after picking up gold in the South West Tourism Excellence Awards.
“We are absolutely delighted and to say we are over the moon is an understatement, we could not have done it without the help of our dedicated staff, volunteers and obviously the support from all our visitors,” said Lynn Reynolds at the zoo.
The awards night on Friday at the Eden Project also saw Barnstaple based organisers of the Yeovilton Air Day, AHA Events, picked up joint gold for Tourism Event of the Year.
“Having won silver last year, we are so thrilled to go onto win gold; it shows how we all strive to make the Air Show more entertaining and exciting for the families that attend each year,” said director Audrey Huelin.
You may also want to watch:
Silver awards went to: Woolacombe and Mortehoe TIC,
Calvert Trust Exmoor and Westward Living at Duckhaven Stud, Westward Ho!, which also achieved bronze.
- 1 PICTURES: New Bideford book merges old pictures with new
- 2 Man with 'fearsome' ornamental knife arrested in Barnstaple
- 3 Ilfracombe dressage star Caitlin Burgess pursues Olympic dream
- 4 Assault and attempted robbery near Tarka Trail
- 5 Man arrested after 'serious assault' outside Barnstaple nightclub
- 6 North Devon grandad takes on 700 mile cycling challenge
- 7 Drink driver banned after Ilfracombe Lidl crash
- 8 Surf trio take on epic surf paddle challenge in memory of best friends
- 9 Holsworthy conveyancer crowned Young Practitioner of the Year
- 10 HubHop - New shopping app for independent shops in North Devon