North Devon duo grab gold at tourism awards
- Credit: Archant
Exmoor Zoo and AHA Events take top gongs at annual South West Tourism Excellence Awards.
EXMOOR ZOO has been named the best small attraction on the peninsula after picking up gold in the South West Tourism Excellence Awards.
“We are absolutely delighted and to say we are over the moon is an understatement, we could not have done it without the help of our dedicated staff, volunteers and obviously the support from all our visitors,” said Lynn Reynolds at the zoo.
The awards night on Friday at the Eden Project also saw Barnstaple based organisers of the Yeovilton Air Day, AHA Events, picked up joint gold for Tourism Event of the Year.
“Having won silver last year, we are so thrilled to go onto win gold; it shows how we all strive to make the Air Show more entertaining and exciting for the families that attend each year,” said director Audrey Huelin.
You may also want to watch:
Silver awards went to: Woolacombe and Mortehoe TIC,
Calvert Trust Exmoor and Westward Living at Duckhaven Stud, Westward Ho!, which also achieved bronze.
- 1 Cyclist left with ‘serious head injuries’ after incident in Bideford
- 2 Volunteers come together to spruce up Barnstaple Train Station
- 3 New home grown manager for South Molton Swimming Pool
- 4 Real ice rink coming to Barnstaple Christmas Village
- 5 New council led leisure company Active Torridge appoints director
- 6 Murder investigation launched in Bideford after woman found dead
- 7 Appeal launched to raise £100,000 for new play equipment in Bideford
- 8 Homeless man jailed after attacking Barnstaple soldier in McDonald's
- 9 7 top tips to help you find the perfect wedding venue
- 10 More than 530 nights in a tent - Max Woosey wins Young Hero Award