Two wards remain closed at North Devon District Hospital after an outbreak of the winter vomiting bug norovirus. There have been confirmed cases of norovirus at NDDH this week and four wards were closed to new admissions as a precautionary measure. Two wards reopened yesterday (Thursday). Northern Devon Healthcare Trust is asking for support from the community and people not to visit if they have had, or been in contact with someone who has had, diarrhoea or vomiting in the last 48 hours, unless their visit is essential. When in hospital, people should keep their hands clean using soap and water or the gels provided, and encourage others to do the same. It is particularly important to do so when entering or leaving a ward, before eating and drinking or helping someone else to eat or drink, after using the toilet, after helping someone else with personal care such as washing, dressing or using the toilet and after coughing or sneezing.