Plans to extend mental health ward at North Devon District Hospital
- Credit: Archant
Plans have been lodged to expand the capacity of North Devon District Hospital’s mental health unit.
Devon Partnership NHS Trust is hoping to expand Meadow View at the hospital in Barnstaple.
The ward provides assessment and treatment for older people with mental health needs, such as depression, anxiety and psychosis and can currently admit up to 14 inpatients in 13 bedrooms, one of which is shared by 2 patients.
The proposals aim to bring the ward in line with current healthcare and privacy standards and provide a total of 16 individual bedrooms with ensuite facilities.
Documents with the application say there will be an extension to the existing unit which will allow the ward to accommodate the proposed increase in patient numbers, and would see the number of accommodated male inpatients increased from six to eight.
You may also want to watch:
A design and access statement for the application said: “This project forms part of a wider drive to address the shortfall in local mental health accommodation.”
- 1 Jealous Barnstaple boyfriend made divorcee get rid of wedding dress
- 2 North Devon business signs up to 1 billion tree project
- 3 The Plough announces Open-Air Theatre Festival
- 4 Holidaycottages.co.uk celebrates launch of new office in Braunton
- 5 Criminal damage at Fremington Football Club - Police appeal
- 6 Little Leo’s big challenge for Children’s Hospice South West
- 7 Bungling Northam burglar facing jail
- 8 Boris Johnson - Time between Covid jabs cut in response to Indian variant
- 9 North Devon sign West Indian pace bowler
- 10 'ThINK it through before you tattoo' urges council