North Devon deli wins award for local shop of the year
- Credit: Archant
Johns of Instow were awarded at the Farm Shop and Deli Awards out of nearly 300 entries.
A LOCAL delicatessen has won the award for ‘local shop of the year’ in the Farm Shop and Deli Awards.
Johns of Instow was one of twelve category winners chosen following an intensive day of judging by key industry figures and BBC Radio Two’s Nigel Barden.
Owner Sue Johns said she was ‘absolutely thrilled’ to win the award and thanked all of her customers for their votes.
“We are lucky to be able to deliver our quality produce and services to both the local community and visitors to the area,” she said.
You may also want to watch:
“We have always tried to engage our customers with our developments in person and now via social media too so this accolade means so much to us as it is comes from our customers.”
Judge Nigel Barden added: “It’s gratifying to know that there are so many excellent purveyors of food & drink in Britain, like Johns of Instow.
- 1 North Devon Healthcare Trust department awarded Academic status
- 2 Barnstaple Fair set to return for 2021 - 'May the show go on!'
- 3 Northam Murder: 'Merciless' carer gets life for killing client who caught him stealing
- 4 Man dies after crash involving two lorries and a motorbike near Torrington
- 5 Council bids for Levelling Up funding for Ilfracombe
- 6 Man dies after 'single vehicle collision' on the A386
- 7 MP opens new Northam Burrows Visitor Centre at Westward Ho!
- 8 Woman reportedly assaulted at Bideford park - Police seek witnesses
- 9 Northam Murder: Carer guilty of brutal murder of frail widow
- 10 Plan for 173 homes on Torrington Creamery site approved despite no affordable homes
During the mystery visits I have been delighted, moved & inspired by the people I’ve met and it’s marvellous to find local retailers like Johns of Instow, are so much at the heart of their community.”
The scores will now be counted and judges, with the regional champions announced next month and the overall winner announced in March.