Council services affected after staff test positive for coronavirus
- Credit: Archant
North Devon Council staff members are self-isolating following confirmed cases of Covid-19.
The council confirmed two members of staff have tested positive for coronavirus – one in waste and recycling and one in customer services.
Members of staff have been instructed to self-isolate as a result, and the council has warned of potential disruption to services.
A statement from the council said refuse collections may not be completed, with teams doing the best they can to reach everyone.
Residents are asked to leave collections out for 48 hours past their scheduled collection.
You may also want to watch:
If they are not collected in that time they are advised to take them back in until their next collection day.
Staff shortages mean the council’s customer services base at Lynton House in Barnstaple has closed.
- 1 Northam Murder: 'Merciless' carer gets life for killing client who caught him stealing
- 2 Barnstaple Fair set to return for 2021 - 'May the show go on!'
- 3 Man dies after crash involving two lorries and a motorbike near Torrington
- 4 Man dies after 'single vehicle collision' on the A386
- 5 Council bids for Levelling Up funding for Ilfracombe
- 6 Northam Murder: Carer guilty of brutal murder of frail widow
- 7 Woman reportedly assaulted at Bideford park - Police seek witnesses
- 8 Huntsmen fined for digging badger sett near Chulmleigh
- 9 Evidence of damage found at Iron Age monument near Ilfracombe
- 10 MP opens new Northam Burrows Visitor Centre at Westward Ho!
Ilfracombe and South Molton town councils have also closed their joint reception areas. This means that all three councils can now only be contacted online or via telephone.