Two coronavirus deaths at North Devon District Hospital
- Credit: Archant
Two patients have died at North Devon District Hospital after testing positive for Covid-19.
Both of the patients died on Saturday, May 16, according to figures released by NHS England on Monday (May 18).
The announcement comes two weeks after the hospital’s last recorded coronavirus death on May 4.
It means 20 people have now died at the hospital in Barnstaple after testing positive for the virus.
The death toll for hospitals in Devon now stands at 175, with the two in North Devon the only two confirmed in the county on Monday.
You may also want to watch:
NHS England announced 122 new deaths of people who tested positive for Covid-19, bringing the total number of confirmed reported deaths in hospitals in England to 24,739.
NHS England said the Covid patient notification system did not operate for a period of time on May 16 and this may have had an impact on the number of deaths reported on Monday, which is lower than would be expected.
- 1 Man charged with murder of Northam pensioner
- 2 Council and police step up Covid enforcement in North Devon
- 3 Suspect remains in custody as Northam murder enquiry continues
- 4 Three more Covid deaths at North Devon District Hospital but cases are falling
- 5 Ram raid burglar jailed after rampaging crime spree
- 6 Developer 'lost for words' as town council rejects £20m Bideford wharf plans
- 7 Terrified shoppers fled Devon city centre attack
- 8 Murder enquiry launched at Northam after death of elderly woman
- 9 Sextortion warning for North Devon Facebook users
- 10 I lost eight stone and an extreme risk of diabetes
It releases updated figures each day showing the dates of every coronavirus-related death in hospitals in England, often including previously uncounted deaths that took place several days or even weeks ago.