North Devon churches prepare to celebrate Easter
- Credit: Archant
Communities across the region will host a walk of Witness this Good Friday.
CHURCHES across North Devon will be staging their annual Easter walk of Witness this Good Friday, with an early start for many.
In Ilfracombe all are welcome to meet at the war memorial at 8.15am before heading along the seafront and bearing a cross to the top of Capstone Hill. After this bracing exercise the procession will head to the Baptist Church for hot cross buns, which will also be distributed to those in the High Street.
A Walk of Witness will set off from Grosvenor Church at Eastern Avenue in Barnstaple at 11.30am, with an open air joint service fro all denominations outside Banbury’s in the High Street at noon.
The Bideford Walk of Witness sets off from East-the-Water School at 9.15am and is followed by a service at St Mary’s Church from 11.15.
You may also want to watch:
South Molton’s Walk of Witness sets off from the Baptist Church at 10am, while a procession will also leave Marwood Methodist Church at 9.15am, to arrive at the Parish Church 9.45, with coffee and hot cross buns followed by a service at 10.
- 1 Cyclist left with ‘serious head injuries’ after incident in Bideford
- 2 Vandalism at Bideford's Brunswick Wharf development condemned
- 3 Real ice rink coming to Barnstaple Christmas Village
- 4 Volunteers come together to spruce up Barnstaple Train Station
- 5 North Devon architectural practice appoints new director
- 6 Murder investigation launched in Bideford after woman found dead
- 7 New council led leisure company Active Torridge appoints director
- 8 New home grown manager for South Molton Swimming Pool
- 9 Council leader calls Government 'incompetent' and warns of 'winter of discontent'
- 10 Legg Power in ChemoHero fundraising