North Devon churches prepare to celebrate Easter
- Credit: Archant
Communities across the region will host a walk of Witness this Good Friday.
CHURCHES across North Devon will be staging their annual Easter walk of Witness this Good Friday, with an early start for many.
In Ilfracombe all are welcome to meet at the war memorial at 8.15am before heading along the seafront and bearing a cross to the top of Capstone Hill. After this bracing exercise the procession will head to the Baptist Church for hot cross buns, which will also be distributed to those in the High Street.
A Walk of Witness will set off from Grosvenor Church at Eastern Avenue in Barnstaple at 11.30am, with an open air joint service fro all denominations outside Banbury’s in the High Street at noon.
The Bideford Walk of Witness sets off from East-the-Water School at 9.15am and is followed by a service at St Mary’s Church from 11.15.
You may also want to watch:
South Molton’s Walk of Witness sets off from the Baptist Church at 10am, while a procession will also leave Marwood Methodist Church at 9.15am, to arrive at the Parish Church 9.45, with coffee and hot cross buns followed by a service at 10.
- 1 Northam Murder: 'Merciless' carer gets life for killing client who caught him stealing
- 2 Barnstaple Fair set to return for 2021 - 'May the show go on!'
- 3 Northam Murder: Carer guilty of brutal murder of frail widow
- 4 Man dies after 'single vehicle collision' on the A386
- 5 Man dies after crash involving two lorries and a motorbike near Torrington
- 6 Woman reportedly assaulted at Bideford park - Police seek witnesses
- 7 Evidence of damage found at Iron Age monument near Ilfracombe
- 8 Appledore RNLI's Matt Rowe passes out as lifeboat mechanic
- 9 Six people injured in serious crash on A39 near Barnstaple - Police appeal
- 10 Plan for 173 homes on Torrington Creamery site approved despite no affordable homes