North Devon charity receives £16k boost for outdoors scheme
- Credit: Archant
Wings South West will be setting up a new outdoors scheme for young people in North Devon and Torridge.
A NORTH Devon charity has been given a £16,000 boost thanks to a donation from the Tesco Community Awards.
The donation to Wings South West will be used to help expand a programme of outdoor activities for young people in need.
The Wings Outdoors scheme will be able to fund equipment to let young let young people experience canoeing, mountain biking, hiking and camping.
Young people will be provided with an innovative way of kick starting their future and will also work as a vital tool to improve their wellbeing and outlook on life.
You may also want to watch:
Paul Bowser, chief executive of Wings, said: “We’re thrilled with this generous grant from Tesco, which will make a huge difference to young people across the South West.
“Wings Outdoors will give them new and positive life experiences, helping them to develop and grow.”
- 1 Northam Murder: 'Merciless' carer gets life for killing client who caught him stealing
- 2 Barnstaple Fair set to return for 2021 - 'May the show go on!'
- 3 Northam Murder: Carer guilty of brutal murder of frail widow
- 4 Man dies after 'single vehicle collision' on the A386
- 5 Man dies after crash involving two lorries and a motorbike near Torrington
- 6 Woman reportedly assaulted at Bideford park - Police seek witnesses
- 7 Evidence of damage found at Iron Age monument near Ilfracombe
- 8 Appledore RNLI's Matt Rowe passes out as lifeboat mechanic
- 9 Six people injured in serious crash on A39 near Barnstaple - Police appeal
- 10 Plan for 173 homes on Torrington Creamery site approved despite no affordable homes
Michael Kissman, UK communications director at Tesco added: “We are committed to giving back to our local communities and our Community Awards give us a brilliant opportunity to do so.
“I am delighted that we are supporting Wings South West to help support the brilliant work that they are doing in Torridge”
The Tesco Charity Trust offers grants of between £4000 and £25,000 to charities working around its stores, and in the countries it sources from.
For more information visit www.tescoplc.com/tescocharitytrust.