North Devon business owners meet Dragon’s Den star
Devon Outdoor and Camping Supplies owners join Theo Paphitis at exclusive event.
A North Devon couple have attended a prestigious networking event hosted by Dragon’s Den star and business mogul Theo Paphitis.
Roger and Julie Wickham, who own Devon Outdoor and Camping Supplies at Ashford near Barnstaple, went along on Friday to the first ever #SBS Winners Event after being selected by Theo himself.
It began when Roger used online network Twitter to enter a “Small Business Sunday” competition held for small business owners by the Ryman Stationery chairman and well known face of BBC Television’s Dragon’s Den show.
Theo invites thousands of small businesses across the country to send a single tweet about their business using the tag #SBS between 5-7.30pm on a Sunday evening.
You may also want to watch:
Each week he selects six to gain the chance of a re-tweet to his 200,000 followers.
Friday’s gathering saw hundreds of #SBS winners join him for an afternoon at Edgbaston Stadium in Birmingham. There was a question and answer session with Theo followed by the opportunity to mingle and network with other small businesses.
- 1 MISSING: Police search for Peter Hughes from Combe Martin area
- 2 Aldi plans for three new stores in North Devon
- 3 'Kinky Boots' coming to Barnstaple's Queen's Theatre
- 4 North Devon charity organises Routes of Remembrance
- 5 Developer sponsors Shammy FC youth teams
- 6 'Neglected' North Devon taxi firm challenged by councillors
- 7 North Devon Healthcare trust scores high in patient survey
- 8 Firework display set to return to Barnstaple Rugby Club for 2021
- 9 Devon health boss 'concerned' at low Covid booster uptake
- 10 £2.1m upgrade will provide space for 38 new North Devon jobs
Roger Wickham said the retweet from Theo had proved an instant for their Twitter account, gaining some 400 extra followers in just three days.