North Devon business owners meet Dragon’s Den star
Devon Outdoor and Camping Supplies owners join Theo Paphitis at exclusive event.
A North Devon couple have attended a prestigious networking event hosted by Dragon’s Den star and business mogul Theo Paphitis.
Roger and Julie Wickham, who own Devon Outdoor and Camping Supplies at Ashford near Barnstaple, went along on Friday to the first ever #SBS Winners Event after being selected by Theo himself.
It began when Roger used online network Twitter to enter a “Small Business Sunday” competition held for small business owners by the Ryman Stationery chairman and well known face of BBC Television’s Dragon’s Den show.
Theo invites thousands of small businesses across the country to send a single tweet about their business using the tag #SBS between 5-7.30pm on a Sunday evening.
You may also want to watch:
Each week he selects six to gain the chance of a re-tweet to his 200,000 followers.
Friday’s gathering saw hundreds of #SBS winners join him for an afternoon at Edgbaston Stadium in Birmingham. There was a question and answer session with Theo followed by the opportunity to mingle and network with other small businesses.
- 1 North Devon sign West Indian pace bowler
- 2 'ThINK it through before you tattoo' urges council
- 3 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
- 4 People in North Devon urged to take up the vaccine to help protect others
- 5 Alison Hernandez vows to get tough on crime as she retains PCC role
- 6 Ilfracombe man, 64, must pay compensation for baseball bat attack
- 7 Conservatives maintain control of Devon County Council despite losses
- 8 Small-time drug dealer 'caught red-handed'
- 9 Ton-up Brend helps Bideford set early pace
- 10 MP welcomes free virtual funding workshop for North Devon charities
Roger Wickham said the retweet from Theo had proved an instant for their Twitter account, gaining some 400 extra followers in just three days.