Series of North Devon burglaries believed to be linked
- Credit: Archant
Police are calling for vigilance after thousands of pounds worth of tools were stolen from premises across North Devon over the Halloween weekend.
Offenders cut their way into containers and units and took high-value power tools from business units in Bratton Fleming, Braunton and Knowstone.
Police are investigating whether the burglaries, which occurred between Friday, October 30 and Sunday, November 1, are linked.
Items stolen include Stihl chainsaws, strimmers, a power washer, concrete breakers and power jigsaws have been stolen as well as camping equipment.
Police have linked the recent spate of thefts to a previous spree, which involved break-ins at Yelland Industrial Estate, Southfork ATB cycle store in Braunton, and Killacleave Recycling Centre in Ilfracombe.
Police are appealing for information and would like to speak to anyone who may have seen anyone acting suspiciously, or any suspicious vehicles in the area in the days prior to the break-ins.
Officers would also like to hear from anyone who may be aware of the sale of any of the tools.
You may also want to watch:
Anyone with information which could assist police in their enquiries is asked to contact 101 or email email@example.com, quoting the crime reference, CR/092495/20
- 1 Jealous Barnstaple boyfriend made divorcee get rid of wedding dress
- 2 North Devon business signs up to 1 billion tree project
- 3 The Plough announces Open-Air Theatre Festival
- 4 Holidaycottages.co.uk celebrates launch of new office in Braunton
- 5 Criminal damage at Fremington Football Club - Police appeal
- 6 Little Leo’s big challenge for Children’s Hospice South West
- 7 Bungling Northam burglar facing jail
- 8 Boris Johnson - Time between Covid jabs cut in response to Indian variant
- 9 North Devon sign West Indian pace bowler
- 10 'ThINK it through before you tattoo' urges council