North Devon beaches receive national recognition
- Credit: Archant
Combe Martin, Croyde and Westward Ho! beaches claim national and international awards.
Westward Ho! beach has been awarded the coveted international Blue Flag award for its beach.
And Croyde and Combe Martin beaches have also been awarded the Seaside Award thanks to Keep Britatin Tidy.
Westward Ho! beach also received a Seaside Award.
The Blue Flag is the international standard for the best beaches in the world.
You may also want to watch:
Across the country, 143 beaches are now flying either the Blue Flag or Seaside Award.
Both the Blue Flag and Seaside Awards mean those visiting these beaches can be sure that they are clean and safe and meet the highest environmental standards, as well as the tough bathing water quality standards.
- 1 North Devon's largest private employer needs workers to expand
- 2 North Devon optometrist highlights 'ticking timebomb' vision crisis
- 3 'Controversial' plan to close mental health centres in North Devon
- 4 820 homes approved for Landkey despite council concern
- 5 New Archdeacon of Barnstaple begins her role at special service in Bideford
- 6 Holidaymaker jailed for attacking partner in Ilfracombe
- 7 Man seriously injured at Appledore Quay - Witness Appeal
- 8 Northam man who searched for child pornography sent on treatment course
- 9 Sale of Bideford's Brunswick Wharf completed
- 10 Tributes paid to North Devon librarian Ian Tansley
Keep Britain Tidy’s coastal awards manager, Paul Todd, said: “It is great that we have been able to award more beaches this year with Blue Flag and Seaside Awards.
“As an environmental charity, Keep Britain Tidy is committed to improving the quality of the places where people live, work and holiday and these winners have proved their commitment to providing the best possible beaches for locals and visitors alike.
“The public can be sure, if they visit a Blue Flag or Seaside Award winning beach, that they are visiting one of the best beaches in the world.”