North Devon beaches fly the Blue Flag
THREE North Devon beaches have been awarded Blue Flags in recognition of their cleanliness and high quality environments and facilities. Westward Ho!, Woolacombe and Ilfracombe s Tunnels Beaches are among only 12 beaches in Devon and 71 nationwide able to
THREE North Devon beaches have been awarded Blue Flags in recognition of their cleanliness and high quality environments and facilities.
Westward Ho!, Woolacombe and Ilfracombe's Tunnels Beaches are among only 12 beaches in Devon and 71 nationwide able to fly the prestigious flags for 2010
It is the seventh time in a row that the beach at Westward Ho! has attained the standards necessary for Keep Britain Tidy's Blue Flag distinction award.
Councillor Roger Johnson, lead member for tourism at Torridge District Council, said: "We are delighted Westward Ho! has received the Blue Flag Award, once again recognising all the hard work done by Torridge District Council.
You may also want to watch:
"This mark of excellence shows Westward Ho! is clean, safe, easily accessible and a great place to come on holiday. It is a wonderful stretch of sand which attracts many many visitors and locals each year."
Council Member for Westward Ho! Cllr Roger Tisdale, added: "I am very proud to be a part of this village and am committed to keeping it a venue we can all be proud of.
- 1 'ThINK it through before you tattoo' urges council
- 2 Ilfracombe man, 64, must pay compensation for baseball bat attack
- 3 Small-time drug dealer 'caught red-handed'
- 4 Conservatives maintain control of Devon County Council despite losses
- 5 Prime minister to give green light for May 17 Covid-19 lockdown easing
- 6 North Devon sign West Indian pace bowler
- 7 County Council Elections: Candidates for Torridge
- 8 Police appeal after Barnstaple brawl
- 9 County Council Elections: Candidates for North Devon
- 10 Yelland power station development set for approval despite 700 objections
"To have received this award seven years in a row is a considerable achievement and I hope it will encourage people to come here and experience our jewel in the crown."
n QUALITY beach: Cllr Roger Johnson enjoying the beach at Westward Ho!