North Devon beach named in UK top 10
Travel website gives local spot the seal of approval.
A NORTH Devon beach has been named one of the UK’s best beach destinations.
Woolacombe was rated third in the TripAdvisor Travellers’ Choice Beach Destinations awards.
The popular spot, which was placed seventh in last year’s awards, beat other hotspots including St Ives and Newquay. It was pipped by Bournemouth and St Brelade, in Jersey.
Award winners were determined based on the most highly rated beach destinations by users of the travel review website.
You may also want to watch:
TripAdvisor spokesperson Emma Shaw said: “These awards recognise the UK’s best beach destinations, according to those that really matter – travellers themselves.
“The UK is home to many miles of beautiful coastline and Woolacombe’s inclusion in the list proves just how much travellers enjoy it.”
- 1 Small-time drug dealer 'caught red-handed'
- 2 County Council Elections: Candidates for Torridge
- 3 12 countries announced on travel green list from May 17
- 4 Police appeal after Barnstaple brawl
- 5 County Council Elections: Candidates for North Devon
- 6 Dog Restrictions come into force on Westward Ho! Beach
- 7 Bideford paramedic compensated after winning victimisation claim
- 8 Big opening-day wins for Bideford and Braunton
- 9 Devon County Council Elections: Candidate lists for North Devon and Torridge
- 10 North Devon seconds look to bounce back from heavy defeat
This year’s UK top 10 is as follows (brackets indicate last year’s ranking):
1 – Bournemouth, Dorset (3)
2 – St Brelade, Jersey (6)
3 – Woolacombe, Devon (7)
4 – St Ives, Cornwall (1)
5 – Tenby, Pembrokeshire (5)
6 – Newquay, Cornwall (2)
7 – Bude, Cornwall (-)
8 – Weymouth, Dorset (4)
9 – Swanage, Dorset (10)
10 – Padstow, Cornwall (8)