North Devon beach named in UK top 10
Travel website gives local spot the seal of approval.
A NORTH Devon beach has been named one of the UK’s best beach destinations.
Woolacombe was rated third in the TripAdvisor Travellers’ Choice Beach Destinations awards.
The popular spot, which was placed seventh in last year’s awards, beat other hotspots including St Ives and Newquay. It was pipped by Bournemouth and St Brelade, in Jersey.
Award winners were determined based on the most highly rated beach destinations by users of the travel review website.
You may also want to watch:
TripAdvisor spokesperson Emma Shaw said: “These awards recognise the UK’s best beach destinations, according to those that really matter – travellers themselves.
“The UK is home to many miles of beautiful coastline and Woolacombe’s inclusion in the list proves just how much travellers enjoy it.”
- 1 'Neglected' North Devon taxi firm challenged by councillors
- 2 Drink spiking crackdown after needle attack - Devon Police
- 3 Real ice rink coming to Barnstaple Christmas Village
- 4 £2.1m upgrade will provide space for 38 new North Devon jobs
- 5 Bideford's First Food and Drink Festival coming soon
- 6 People and businesses asked to join Barnstaple clean up
- 7 Devon health boss 'concerned' at low Covid booster uptake
- 8 Torrington woman rebuilds her life after devastating stroke
- 9 Barnstaple amateur rider achieves lifelong ambition
- 10 Cyclist left with ‘serious head injuries’ after incident in Bideford
This year’s UK top 10 is as follows (brackets indicate last year’s ranking):
1 – Bournemouth, Dorset (3)
2 – St Brelade, Jersey (6)
3 – Woolacombe, Devon (7)
4 – St Ives, Cornwall (1)
5 – Tenby, Pembrokeshire (5)
6 – Newquay, Cornwall (2)
7 – Bude, Cornwall (-)
8 – Weymouth, Dorset (4)
9 – Swanage, Dorset (10)
10 – Padstow, Cornwall (8)