North Devon beach named in UK top 10
Travel website gives local spot the seal of approval.
A NORTH Devon beach has been named one of the UK’s best beach destinations.
Woolacombe was rated third in the TripAdvisor Travellers’ Choice Beach Destinations awards.
The popular spot, which was placed seventh in last year’s awards, beat other hotspots including St Ives and Newquay. It was pipped by Bournemouth and St Brelade, in Jersey.
Award winners were determined based on the most highly rated beach destinations by users of the travel review website.
You may also want to watch:
TripAdvisor spokesperson Emma Shaw said: “These awards recognise the UK’s best beach destinations, according to those that really matter – travellers themselves.
“The UK is home to many miles of beautiful coastline and Woolacombe’s inclusion in the list proves just how much travellers enjoy it.”
- 1 Northam Murder: Accused carer told police he 'loved her to bits'
- 2 PICTURES: Prince of Wales and Duchess of Cornwall visit The Burton at Bideford
- 3 Jewellery and cash stolen in Barnstaple burglary
- 4 PICTURES: Duchess of Cornwall visits Little Bridge House in Fremington
- 5 Bideford man dies after Link Road crash near South Molton
- 6 'Spot The Oddity' in Bideford for your chance to win £100
- 7 Plan to replace old North Devon Leisure Centre with housing submitted
- 8 Britain’s most influential artists exhibit at The Burton at Bideford
- 9 Northam Murder: Expert says trail of clues link carer to the scene
- 10 A361: Crash involving car and lorry blocks Link Road near South Molton
This year’s UK top 10 is as follows (brackets indicate last year’s ranking):
1 – Bournemouth, Dorset (3)
2 – St Brelade, Jersey (6)
3 – Woolacombe, Devon (7)
4 – St Ives, Cornwall (1)
5 – Tenby, Pembrokeshire (5)
6 – Newquay, Cornwall (2)
7 – Bude, Cornwall (-)
8 – Weymouth, Dorset (4)
9 – Swanage, Dorset (10)
10 – Padstow, Cornwall (8)