North Devon air ambulance base is taking shape
DEVON Air Ambulance will soon have a purpose-built second airbase at Eaglescott Airfield in North Devon. Having worked from a portable building for the past four years, the crew are looking forward to spending the remainder of the winter in their new war
DEVON Air Ambulance will soon have a purpose-built second airbase at Eaglescott Airfield in North Devon.
Having worked from a portable building for the past four years, the crew are looking forward to spending the remainder of the winter in their new warm and dry base, due for completion around Christmas.
Contractors Rok have been working closely with the charity to create an airbase to best fit their needs - in order to house not only the three aircrew, but also visiting engineers, staff from the charity and, of course, a hangar for the helicopter.
Hel�na Holt, Chief Executive of the Devon Air Ambulance Trust, said: '"In this current economic climate we are hoping businesses, retailers, and the community as a whole will help us fit out the new airbase by donating perhaps just an item or two.
You may also want to watch:
" It may well be something that they sell already, end of lines, or a donation in order to buy a certain item. We have a wish list which includes large and small items, from a kitchen, to desks, to mugs and cutlery, to a work bench for the engineer and racking for the stores. The crew are on site for an average of 10 hours a day, so it's also important that they not only have a fully equipped office to undertake the essential paperwork, but also an equipped kitchen and area to relax, eat and, of course, greet any visitors.'
"This airbase, let alone a second Devon Air Ambulance would not be possible without the continuous support of the community, businesses and friends of Devon. We need to raise �4 million to keep both Air Ambulances airborne. This doesn't include items needed for example to fit out a new airbase, hence why we are making this plea.'
- 1 Covid vaccine: Roll out continues but is North Devon being left out?
- 2 Some North Devon GP surgeries to provide Covid vaccine clinics
- 3 Exmoor Ramble legacy for legendary fundraiser as he battles terminal cancer
- 4 Plans to merge North Devon and Exeter health trusts move forward
- 5 Weather warning of snow and ice for Devon this weekend
- 6 Devon's Tiki surf brand is up for sale
- 7 Barnstaple man’s 5k-a-day challenge for children’s hospice
- 8 Barnstaple man cleared of drug dealing charges
- 9 Barnstaple man attacked his wife and neighbour after Christmas drink
- 10 Farmer gets suspended sentence for tractor crash