North Devon air ambulance base is taking shape
DEVON Air Ambulance will soon have a purpose-built second airbase at Eaglescott Airfield in North Devon. Having worked from a portable building for the past four years, the crew are looking forward to spending the remainder of the winter in their new war
DEVON Air Ambulance will soon have a purpose-built second airbase at Eaglescott Airfield in North Devon.
Having worked from a portable building for the past four years, the crew are looking forward to spending the remainder of the winter in their new warm and dry base, due for completion around Christmas.
Contractors Rok have been working closely with the charity to create an airbase to best fit their needs - in order to house not only the three aircrew, but also visiting engineers, staff from the charity and, of course, a hangar for the helicopter.
Hel�na Holt, Chief Executive of the Devon Air Ambulance Trust, said: '"In this current economic climate we are hoping businesses, retailers, and the community as a whole will help us fit out the new airbase by donating perhaps just an item or two.
" It may well be something that they sell already, end of lines, or a donation in order to buy a certain item. We have a wish list which includes large and small items, from a kitchen, to desks, to mugs and cutlery, to a work bench for the engineer and racking for the stores. The crew are on site for an average of 10 hours a day, so it's also important that they not only have a fully equipped office to undertake the essential paperwork, but also an equipped kitchen and area to relax, eat and, of course, greet any visitors.'
"This airbase, let alone a second Devon Air Ambulance would not be possible without the continuous support of the community, businesses and friends of Devon. We need to raise �4 million to keep both Air Ambulances airborne. This doesn't include items needed for example to fit out a new airbase, hence why we are making this plea.'
- 1 Village halls offered cash helping hand in Covid battle
- 2 MP Selaine backs plans for boost to workers' pensions
- 3 Small steps of hope for Bideford and Barnstaple
- 4 Superb win on the road sets 2022 tone for Bideford
- 5 Store giants say Merry Christmas 9,000 times over
- 6 OPINION: The North Devon Hospice has come so far
- 7 SWW warns: 'Don't be frozen out'
- 8 Rishi's thumbs up to £60m investment and 200 new jobs
- 9 Property of the Week: Some of the finest views of North Devon's coast
- 10 Steve’s family and friends bring Christmas to hospital ward