Noisettes will headline Barnstaple Christmas lights switch-on
ONE of the most talked about bands of the year will be headlining this year s Christmas lights switch on event in Barnstaple. Noisettes, currently riding high on the back of the success of their second album Wild Young Hearts , have this week been nomina
ONE of the most talked about bands of the year will be headlining this year's Christmas lights switch on event in Barnstaple.
Noisettes, currently riding high on the back of the success of their second album "Wild Young Hearts", have this week been nominated for a Q Award and have been a huge hit on the festival trail this summer.
The performance of the band - part of a line-up which includes up and coming girl band the Dolly Rockers - has been described as a "major coup" for the town.
"With performances at the major festivals this year already behind them including Glastonbury, V Festival and T in the Park, Barnstaple is in for a fantastic show," said Barnstaple town centre manager, Craig Bulley.
You may also want to watch:
"They are one of the most talked about bands of 2009 and noted for their explosive live shows; we are really thrilled that they have agreed to come to Barnstaple.
"With UK top twenty singles 'Never Forget You' and the number two smash 'Don't Upset The Rhythm (Go Baby Go)' which also enjoyed massive success Europe wide, it's not surprising that they are getting rave reviews.
- 1 Tributes paid to 'legendary' North Devon vet Brian Crawford
- 2 Some North Devon GP surgeries to provide Covid vaccine clinics
- 3 Two arrested as teenager fights for life after Ilfracombe stabbing
- 4 Covid vaccine: Roll out continues but is North Devon being left out?
- 5 Pictures: North Devon's winter wonderland
- 6 Masked burglars make Bideford garage cigarette smash and grab
- 7 Farmer gets suspended sentence for tractor crash
- 8 Exmoor Ramble legacy for legendary fundraiser as he battles terminal cancer
- 9 Devon's Tiki surf brand is up for sale
- 10 Barnstaple man attacked his wife and neighbour after Christmas drink
"I've no doubt they will gain many more fans when they appear on stage on The Square on Sunday November 22 to launch the town's second annual Winter Festival."
Also sharing the bill will be North Devon band, The Breaks Collective, Jenna Witts, Jaden Cornelius, North Devon Community Gospel Choir, and the North Devon Gang Show. Details about more events will be announced closer to the day.
"Last year, The Saturdays drew a huge crowd, and everyone had a great time; this year promises to be bigger and better than ever," added Mr Bulley.
"On behalf of Town Centre Management, I would really like to thank all of our sponsors who support the winter festival, in particular our main sponsors for this year, Banburys and Toller Beattie Solicitors, two long established Barnstaple companies, for making this event possible."