Noisettes will headline Barnstaple Christmas lights switch-on
ONE of the most talked about bands of the year will be headlining this year s Christmas lights switch on event in Barnstaple. Noisettes, currently riding high on the back of the success of their second album Wild Young Hearts , have this week been nomina
ONE of the most talked about bands of the year will be headlining this year's Christmas lights switch on event in Barnstaple.
Noisettes, currently riding high on the back of the success of their second album "Wild Young Hearts", have this week been nominated for a Q Award and have been a huge hit on the festival trail this summer.
The performance of the band - part of a line-up which includes up and coming girl band the Dolly Rockers - has been described as a "major coup" for the town.
"With performances at the major festivals this year already behind them including Glastonbury, V Festival and T in the Park, Barnstaple is in for a fantastic show," said Barnstaple town centre manager, Craig Bulley.
You may also want to watch:
"They are one of the most talked about bands of 2009 and noted for their explosive live shows; we are really thrilled that they have agreed to come to Barnstaple.
"With UK top twenty singles 'Never Forget You' and the number two smash 'Don't Upset The Rhythm (Go Baby Go)' which also enjoyed massive success Europe wide, it's not surprising that they are getting rave reviews.
- 1 PICTURES: Duchess of Cornwall visits Little Bridge House in Fremington
- 2 Jewellery and cash stolen in Barnstaple burglary
- 3 Northam Murder: Accused carer told police he 'loved her to bits'
- 4 Bideford man dies after Link Road crash near South Molton
- 5 PICTURES: Prince of Wales and Duchess of Cornwall visit The Burton at Bideford
- 6 'Spot The Oddity' in Bideford for your chance to win £100
- 7 Northam Murder: Expert says trail of clues link carer to the scene
- 8 Plan to replace old North Devon Leisure Centre with housing submitted
- 9 Stars taking part in the Queen's Theatre's 2021 pantomime announced
- 10 Northam widow was found half under her bed by carer
"I've no doubt they will gain many more fans when they appear on stage on The Square on Sunday November 22 to launch the town's second annual Winter Festival."
Also sharing the bill will be North Devon band, The Breaks Collective, Jenna Witts, Jaden Cornelius, North Devon Community Gospel Choir, and the North Devon Gang Show. Details about more events will be announced closer to the day.
"Last year, The Saturdays drew a huge crowd, and everyone had a great time; this year promises to be bigger and better than ever," added Mr Bulley.
"On behalf of Town Centre Management, I would really like to thank all of our sponsors who support the winter festival, in particular our main sponsors for this year, Banburys and Toller Beattie Solicitors, two long established Barnstaple companies, for making this event possible."