No work, no rest, but plenty of play in North Devon this summer!
NORTH Devon youngsters will soon be able to forget about work until the next school term. And thanks to North Devon Council s Supersport holiday programme, there ll be little chance to rest either as play looks set to be the order of the day this summer.
NORTH Devon youngsters will soon be able to forget about work until the next school term. And thanks to North Devon Council's Supersport holiday programme, there'll be little chance to rest either as play looks set to be the order of the day this summer.
The council has organised a four-week schedule of sports activities throughout the holidays in August.
Sessions are led by qualified coaches and will suit all budgets and abilities. They include adventure days at Skern Lodge; golf with a pro at Libbaton Golf Club; pony days at Bableigh Riding Centre; gymnastics at Falcons Gymnastics Academy; beach volleyball at Croyde; and surfing at Saunton.
Also available for the first time this year are new courses in cheerleading; "bikeability" cycling; street dance; tennis; trampolining; netball; gymnastics; dance; cricket and football. Prices start from as little as �6 a day.
You may also want to watch:
Copies of the Supersport brochure will go out to North Devon schools at the end of next week, and can be downloaded online at www.northdevon.gov.uk/supersport
- 1 Covid vaccine: Roll out continues but is North Devon being left out?
- 2 Plans to merge North Devon and Exeter health trusts move forward
- 3 Barnstaple man attacked his wife and neighbour after Christmas drink
- 4 Devon's Tiki surf brand is up for sale
- 5 Covid delays Barnstaple councillor's trial again
- 6 Barnstaple man cleared of drug dealing charges
- 7 Northam murder suspect remanded in custody
- 8 Three more Covid deaths at North Devon District Hospital but cases are falling
- 9 Man charged with murder of Northam pensioner
- 10 Council and police step up Covid enforcement in North Devon