No work, no rest, but plenty of play in North Devon this summer!
NORTH Devon youngsters will soon be able to forget about work until the next school term. And thanks to North Devon Council s Supersport holiday programme, there ll be little chance to rest either as play looks set to be the order of the day this summer.
NORTH Devon youngsters will soon be able to forget about work until the next school term. And thanks to North Devon Council's Supersport holiday programme, there'll be little chance to rest either as play looks set to be the order of the day this summer.
The council has organised a four-week schedule of sports activities throughout the holidays in August.
Sessions are led by qualified coaches and will suit all budgets and abilities. They include adventure days at Skern Lodge; golf with a pro at Libbaton Golf Club; pony days at Bableigh Riding Centre; gymnastics at Falcons Gymnastics Academy; beach volleyball at Croyde; and surfing at Saunton.
Also available for the first time this year are new courses in cheerleading; "bikeability" cycling; street dance; tennis; trampolining; netball; gymnastics; dance; cricket and football. Prices start from as little as �6 a day.
You may also want to watch:
Copies of the Supersport brochure will go out to North Devon schools at the end of next week, and can be downloaded online at www.northdevon.gov.uk/supersport
- 1 'ThINK it through before you tattoo' urges council
- 2 Ilfracombe man, 64, must pay compensation for baseball bat attack
- 3 Small-time drug dealer 'caught red-handed'
- 4 Conservatives maintain control of Devon County Council despite losses
- 5 Prime minister to give green light for May 17 Covid-19 lockdown easing
- 6 North Devon sign West Indian pace bowler
- 7 County Council Elections: Candidates for Torridge
- 8 Police appeal after Barnstaple brawl
- 9 County Council Elections: Candidates for North Devon
- 10 Yelland power station development set for approval despite 700 objections