No work, no rest, but plenty of play in North Devon this summer!
NORTH Devon youngsters will soon be able to forget about work until the next school term. And thanks to North Devon Council s Supersport holiday programme, there ll be little chance to rest either as play looks set to be the order of the day this summer.
NORTH Devon youngsters will soon be able to forget about work until the next school term. And thanks to North Devon Council's Supersport holiday programme, there'll be little chance to rest either as play looks set to be the order of the day this summer.
The council has organised a four-week schedule of sports activities throughout the holidays in August.
Sessions are led by qualified coaches and will suit all budgets and abilities. They include adventure days at Skern Lodge; golf with a pro at Libbaton Golf Club; pony days at Bableigh Riding Centre; gymnastics at Falcons Gymnastics Academy; beach volleyball at Croyde; and surfing at Saunton.
Also available for the first time this year are new courses in cheerleading; "bikeability" cycling; street dance; tennis; trampolining; netball; gymnastics; dance; cricket and football. Prices start from as little as �6 a day.
Copies of the Supersport brochure will go out to North Devon schools at the end of next week, and can be downloaded online at www.northdevon.gov.uk/supersport
- 1 PICTURES: Bideford Christmas lights switched on in style
- 2 Property of the Week: Daddon Close, Bideford
- 3 Litter around North Devon schools and colleges is a 'disgrace'
- 4 North Devon’s Panto sells 10,000 Cinderella tickets
- 5 An exciting new era for marine futures in northern Devon
- 6 Unique seaside wedding venue to put £1m into Combe Martin economy
- 7 Bideford beat top side Truro in challenging conditions
- 8 New Castle Hill Work Hub launched to support businesses in Torrington
- 9 South West businesses fear HMRC clamp down
- 10 Hospices’ Light Up a Life appeal will support families in grief