No to new South Molton homes
A PROPOSAL to extend a South Molton residential park home estate has been turned down by North Devon Council. Owners of the Mill on the Mole Park wanted to put six mobile park homes on a grassed area on the eastern side
A PROPOSAL to extend a South Molton residential park home estate has been turned down by North Devon Council.
Owners of the Mill on the Mole Park wanted to put six mobile park homes on a grassed area on the eastern side of the estate, which currently accommodates 118 homes.
The single storey homes are designed for people with impaired mobility but council planners refused the application because it did not demonstrate a local need for the extra homes.
The council also said the extension of the caravan site was "contrary to the fundamental aim of protecting the countryside".
You may also want to watch:
There were also concerns about the amount of space between each plot and the loss of public open space.
- 1 Family pay tribute to 20-year-old Danny Goodman after tragic collision on A386
- 2 52-year-old man dies in three car crash between Bideford and Torrington
- 3 Burglar jailed for Westward Ho! raid that left pensioners too frightened to sleep
- 4 Coveted Muddy Stiletto award for Bideford's Josie's Interiors
- 5 North Devon company fined for pollution that killed more than 9,000 fish
- 6 North Devon Healthcare Trust department awarded Academic status
- 7 Police investigate midnight assault on scooter rider in Barnstaple
- 8 Ilfracombe lifeboat tows stricken yacht to safety
- 9 Northam Murder: Grieving family condemn killer's lies and cruelty
- 10 Barnstaple Fair set to return for 2021 - 'May the show go on!'